BA Codex Honor Guard question

thade

I'm 90% sure I'm reading this right, and memories of my previous codex (C:SM) are confusing me.

Honor Guard wargear: Power armor, boltgun OR bolt pistol, Chainsword, Frag/Krak grenades, Sanguinary Noviate has a Blood Chalice.

First option: Upgrade one HG to Blood Champ with power weapon and combat shield.

When he gets upgraded, his stat line changes, so I presume (as before) I can't buy further upgrades for him. However, he must keep his original wargear, right? So...can he have a power sword and a boltgun? Instead of the bolt pistol?

I checked the entry for Combat Shields and it says only they can equip an offhand weapon, with no restrictions to what type it is.

It is perhaps not tactically sound, but when your goal is to build an Honor Guard that's only purpose is to jump around and rapid-fire things, it might be a cheap way to get a WS 5 PW in there. (I should probably go with the PF instead.) In any case, does this sound kosher?

Sounds good to me, and not that odd at all to me, as he will still have the extra attack from two close combat weapons (chainsword+powersword). All he is giving up is the bolt pistol shot before a charge. Sounds like a fairly nifty model too, chainsword in one hand, power sword in the other, bolter straped to the back (or hanging near his waste or whatever)

Archived