Death by Terminator

I have heard different methods of using Terminators and "termicide" sounds common.

What are different strategies with Terminators that everyone has come up with? Please explain them and also the termicide method.

I have heard different methods of using Terminators and "termicide" sounds common.

What are different strategies with Terminators that everyone has come up with? Please explain them and also the termicide method.

Termicide refers to 3-4 Terminators with Combi-Melta deepstriking in and frying a tank. You expect the squad to die shortly after (hence the -cide part).

In essence, you're trading your Terminators for their tank/artillery/transport.

People try to go with Assault Terminators in a Land Raider, but our Land Raider isn't nearly as good as Loyalists and we don't have access to TH/SS Terminators either. Its possible to do it, but Terminators work better as deepstriking support.

Some people are trying their hand at larger squads of 5-6 Terminators and deepstriking them in. The goal is that they do more than killing just a single unit.

People try to go with Assault Terminators in a Land Raider, but our Land Raider isn't nearly as good as Loyalists and we don't have access to TH/SS Terminators either. Its possible to do it, but Terminators work better as deepstriking support.

Chaos Assault Terminators do have some advantages; the ability to add a heavy flamer is nice, and icons can be useful for increasing the unit's attack power or durability. Slaanesh can be particularly useful since it's fairly cheap and hitting at initiative 5 is a major help against other Marines.

I normally use Terminators as high armor save and 4+ invulnerable wounds for when I field Abaddon the Despoiler in a Land Raider. Cheese, maybe, but against Thunderwolf Cav, something must be done!

In smaller point games, termi-cide is 3 termis, one with a heavy flamer and two with combi-flamers for me. That's a 105 point unit that I've had annihilate an entire platoon-command of Guardsmen (heavy flamers were made to kill guardsmen, I tell you!).

Chaos Assault Terminators do have some advantages; the ability to add a heavy flamer is nice, and icons can be useful for increasing the unit's attack power or durability. Slaanesh can be particularly useful since it's fairly cheap and hitting at initiative 5 is a major help against other Marines.

5 man sized . no crusader , so no frags on charging out , making IoS a crap choice . LR does not have PotMS. They are not fearless and can actualy run from hth. Huge problems with other assault/counter units . Icons with 10 man can die ,icons with 5 man will die. They still have to be baby sited by an HQ .. so its actualy 4 termis and taking a chaos non DP HQ is another sad story[instant killed , low inv only +3 sv] . Also when trying to run a cost optimized unit they arent that good [dont kill enough] , when buffed up with icons champions etc they cost too much while still having all the downsides of cheap units.

No chaos termis are not a good assault unit.

I have three squads of five Terminators, they seem to be played as an Assault unit more than ranged, their upgrades move them in this direction. Unless someone knows of a good range strategy with them.

Loyalist, you mean Space Marine, right. The GreyKnight Land Raider is more expensive than the Chaos and recieves less. It sounds like the Chaos Landraider has a bad rep though.

The GreyKnight Land Raider is more expensive than the Chaos and recieves less

better smokes , PotMS .

Unless someone knows of a good range strategy with them.

shot . shot . turn 3 rhino wall or tank shock and shot . turn 4 counter what is left. that is with meq.

eldar/tau fly around and shoting at them . Slogging termis is a very very very bad idea.

Archived