First attempt at a white color scheme.

Well, I decided to try out a scheme other than that of the Ultramarines, so I decided to do something I knew I wasn't going to be good at. White.

This, as far as I know, isn't the color scheme (white and gold) of any chapter I know so I decided to name them "Archangels"

The point of this thread is also feedback on my painting of white, so tell me what you think.

gallery_49962_4883_228836.jpg

gallery_49962_4883_459611.jpg

gallery_49962_4883_333388.jpg

gallery_49962_4883_113819.jpg

Tell me what you think and how I can make it better!

P.S. I know the barrel of the bolt pistol isn't drilled out. I don't have a drill lol.

I know how hard it is to get a nice white paintjob, so I have to say good job.

Although I would recommend to think hard about if you want to make an all white army. But if you don't mind the extra work on the white, have a blast!

You sure will have an origional army that will catch peoples eye.

Cheers!

My old space marine army is white and there is alittle trick to not make it looks so thick, just spray it white and run the edges with black ink or whatever they call it now, and do one or two lays of thinned down white do make it white...just have clean fingers..white likes to grab dirt (: anyways my two cents

xvoidx

Wow, I didn't really expect this many posts haha.

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

For this white all I really did was basecoat the model in back, paint bleached bone over all the to-be white areas, and paint thin layers of white (diluted 50:50 with water) over the bleached bone. I don't really have any gray so for gray I painted designated parts white and washed them with black.

Anyone that tackles white and manages to pull it off is worthy of plenty posts! Im building an Omega Marines army so any ideas about painting white over a black undercoat are well received. I'll be putting you bleached bone to test tomorrow.

Anyone that tackles white and manages to pull it off is worthy of plenty posts! Im building an Omega Marines army so any ideas about painting white over a black undercoat are well received. I'll be putting you bleached bone to test tomorrow.

Omega marines should be fun. Just a heads up, this method of white is going to take a while. (I don't know how long other methods take)

Good luck though!

I think the models looks very decent. I do not envy you on painting your whole army in that scheme.

I painted two shoulder pads today for my Wolf Guard and wanted to pull my hair out! Stupid me for choosing the Great Company with a white Company marking but ah well. Its only a couple dozen shoulder pads I told myself.

Keep it up though. If you stick with it you can be certain you'll be one of the few in the game with a army like that.

Archived