Specail ammunition vs Turbo boost

So The situation is that a ork bike unit Boosted in the previous movement phase. In the proceeding turn 8 Sternguard Veterans in the Spacemarine codex Fire Dragon fire bolts.

Would the Coversave given to the Orks be allowed or would they lose this save because of the Dragonfirebolts special rule? The rules are unclear and which is supper-seeding the other.

Pages to refer to are page 76 BRB and page 63 in Marine codex

This happened in my last game and I was a little caught off guard when my unit of Vets fired at an ork unit trying to remove the cover given to them by boosting. Just interested in hearing a realm of ideas and discussion on this.

Bike infantry and fast skimmers get cover saves when they turbo-boost/move flatout respectively. Note that they get "cover" saves.

Anything that would deny a cover save (special ammo, flamers, whirlwind incendiary rounds, etc) will do just that: deny their cover save.

No big deal, man. There are a LOT of rules; everyone of us here has had games where, had the rules been clearer or at least better known to us at the time, that game would've gone very differently.

It doesn't bother me when a rule misunderstanding led to me losing a game; conversely, it bothers me a lot when a rule misunderstanding led to me winning. =(

Agreed. Deny cover saves to bikes, seer councils, etc...

Seer councils basic save is an invulnerable save, not a cover save. So something like a flamer or dragon fire rounds would not ignore that.

However, if they are on jetbikes they also get an armor save, which can become a cover save by turboboosting.

That is probably what you meant. :)

Archived