Tornado Pattern?

thade

Okay. I admit I've more or less ignored this for a long while now as it's never appeared on anything I've wanted to use in my army as an option...but now it does.

What on earth is a Tornado-pattern Multi-melta, Flamer, etc ? It's listed as an option for a Land Speeder (BA codex) and I in fact have a land speeder with a MM that I used to field on occasion using the vanilla dex.

Tornado is just a funky way of saying that the Landspeeder has 2 weapons. So it is a standard speeder with a MM that has been upgraded to a Tornado with a Heavy Flamer.

It used to be a bigger destinction in the old codex when Landspeeder weapons were a little more rigid (was only ever MM/HF or HB/AC If I Remember Correctly)

Wan

To expand, there are five kinds of Landspeeder and these are their distinctions:

- Landspeeder (utility): one weapon

- Landspeeder Tornado: two weapons

- Landspeeder Typhoon: one weapon and typhoon launcher

- Landspeeder Storm: scout speeder

- Landspeeder Tempest: heavy attack landspeeder

A Tornado, as said, is simply a Landspeeder with a secondary underslung weapon.

What classifies it as a Tempest? More than one heavy weapon? I don't have my C:SM on hand but don't recall it either.

The Tempest is the forge world version. It has a fully enclosed cockpit and full flight wings, meaning that it can operate as a conventional flyer as well as a ground attack skimmer.

iirc the tempest had an assault cannon and missle launcher as its armaments. it was also a single seater land speeder with the gunners duties being given over to slaved targetters. it also had a slightly higher armour value (11 i think). it was originally developed by the White Scars as a mobile heavy weapon platform i think.

Archived