Beginner, could use some strategic help.

JTJP

OK, so my names Jake. Me and my friend started to play 40k I had some two squad chaos marines and one squad khonre Berzerkers before he had his orks, we bought battle of black reach together and he took the orks and I converted the SM's into CSM's

(Black reach comes with a Space Marine Captain ,10 Tactical Space Marines,Five Space Marine Terminators, a Space Marine Dreadnought, an Ork Warboss, 20 Ork Boyz, five Ork Nobz and three Ork Deffkoptas.)

So I have 3 CSM squads a dreadnought 5 terminators and one squad of Khorne Bezerkers

Now what really screwed me is he went and bought the ork mega force... :)

so im up against

an Ork Warboss, 60 Ork Boyz, five Ork Nobz and three Ork Deffkoptas nine warbikes, and 5 burnas and a trukk

Can anyone work out a strategy that might keep me alive?!

And can anyone tell me the best CSM vehicle that can mow down infantry?

Help is greatly appericated!

Thanks

--- Jake

Well, don't let him just take all his models vs yours, set a points limit and stick to it, the points system is set in place for a reason.

Second, a few flamers in your CSM will cut his boyz down to scale, otherwise the defiler can be set up to put out an obscene amount of anti personnel fire, and your berserkers should do well in CC as long as you get the charge. A daemon prince wouldn't go astray, at the moment probably the best value in the HQ slot a chaos player can take(though there's always Khârn :lol: )Oblit plasma cannons would also serve you well if you could grab a few or convert your termies.

Oblits are a generally useful in every situation kind of choice vs any type of player too. You will also want to invest in rhinos for the mobility, though not specifically vs orks.

welcome to the light of chaos brother, don't fight the voices

first, drop the dread, there not even close to acceptable with a muli-melta (trust me, they suck)

get a deamon prince, preferably Slaanesh or Nurgle, there generaly the best for waisting orks

turn the termies into oblies, good al-rouders and very trustworthy, split them up in as may groups as possible (ie. 3) so you can split fire

chosen with buckedloads of flamers outflanking, great for destraction and BBQ-ing boys

truks, bikers and battlewagons get target priority, everything else you can eradicate with bolters and flamers

Ah, another convert to the true path of Chaos. Welcome, brother. Make yourself at home, the bathroom is down that hallway if you need it.

First off, use the points system. It's been in place since 1st Ed, so you know it works.

I'm not much of a tactics kind of guy, but I can tell you this:

1. Flamers are good against da boyz. Very, very good.

2. Don't let him get the charge. Your berzerkers and termies and...everything that can assault, really, need to charge them before they can do the same to you. If you let them get the charge, sheer numbers will see to it that you go down quickly.

3. Get some armour. Rhinos are good for getting your people to where they need to be. Vindicators can thin out those hordes really quickly.

Also, I noticed your user name is almost an anagram for my actual initals :P.

first of all...

NO. NO MORE ORK FIGHTING THREADS

NO.

I FORBID IT. SWEET JESUS. THIS IS THE THIRD ON THE FIRST PAGE OF CHAOS ASCENDANT. Come on, Look at other posts before mindlessly posting on your own.

My advice for this thread is exactly what I said in other threads.

/end rage.

(Waiting for Nhim to post the same thing)

Step 1: Get a terminator twin linked bolter arm.

Step 2: Get an array of heavy weaponry and suitably spiky bits.

Step 3: Glue it all together.

Step 4: Make sure all the barrels are pointing the same way.

Step 5: Failing step 4, scrap and refer to step 1.

Step 6: Green stuff a bit of flesh between the weapons to make it a little more seamless.

Step 7: Give the Terminator a power fist.

You're done. Rinse and repeat 3 times. You've got a squad of Obliterators.

first of all...

NO. NO MORE ORK FIGHTING THREADS

NO.

I FORBID IT. SWEET JESUS. THIS IS THE THIRD ON THE FIRST PAGE OF CHAOS ASCENDANT. Come on, Look at other posts before mindlessly posting on your own.

My advice for this thread is exactly what I said in other threads.

/end rage.

Heh just what I was thinking... any more and we may as well make a stickied topic :)

Archived