Iron Hands Iron Father

faol

You could use the tracks from a wartrakk, a thunderfire cannon, use the track bits from ramshackle games or find a robogear toy with tracks or something comparable. I think a 1:72 scale tank model would work as well. Maybe even a bigger scale kit of a scout vehicle with one of those trailer/drone thingies. Forgeworld recently announced to release some Grot tanks.

If you want smaller tracks you could take a look at the Ork warbikers. one of the bikes comes with some tracks in the back. Maxmini sells some "bioniks" for orks, one of them being Tracks.

You can build you own chassis using plasticard.

Then just put the techmarine on top.

You might also look at an Epic Baneblade chassis. Thunderfire will be FAR too large for your purposes. You want it to still be able to fit on a 25-40mm base, otherwise it's too big to be an infantry model.

Also take a look at Matchbox cars. You can often find cheap versions in the dollar store, which are old Sherman tanks of about the right size.

You might also look at an Epic Baneblade chassis. Thunderfire will be FAR too large for your purposes. You want it to still be able to fit on a 25-40mm base, otherwise it's too big to be an infantry model.

While that might be true in a more competitive environment, it would be closer to the proportions of the example faol has posted.

+edit+

Also just remembered this.

Looks like the actual model used in the conversion you posted is a Roco minitank - Sherman to be precise.

It may be a little small for a Space Marine though, and not really "40K" enough.

I would try a Tamiya 1/35th scale Goliath (WWII German remote-controlled full-tacked mine) - I think it would look really good.

:) :cuss :) after hours of searching the world wide web it seems that the Tamiya 1/35th scale Goliath just doesn't exist any more if it does I can find it if anyone knows where to locate this model please let me know

Good news everyone :D :tu: I finally found it after hours of searching I found it yay now I can finally get this conversion rolling

Archived