SoB Defence Laser

The Prophet

Wanting something to tear down in Apocalypse, I scrambled together this SoB Defence Laser for my opponents, which we now can use as terrain in regular games. This huge thing became finished really quick, and was so fun that I now have plans on making more stuff of this kind.

On top is the actual laser weapon, and we will count the flak-gun as the two twin-linked autocannons. Eight “master-crafted” (twin-linked) heavy bolters can be fitted throughout the building. Nothing is glued, only magnetized, so any loadout is possible.

So here it is:

med_gallery_25850_4889_38648.jpg

med_gallery_25850_4889_87386.jpg

med_gallery_25850_4889_42991.jpg

med_gallery_25850_4889_61356.jpg

med_gallery_25850_4889_68511.jpg

med_gallery_25850_4889_5899.jpg

med_gallery_25850_4889_42370.jpg

med_gallery_25850_4889_3305.jpg

med_gallery_25850_4889_51397.jpg

med_gallery_25850_4889_6873.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thank you for all compliments!

Great building!

One of the best terrain pieces I've seen here on the B&C.

Let us know how it does in the Apocalypse game.

I am hoping for the opposite though, since it will be pointing towards my own forces, but I will surely post how it fares when it comes to apocalypse. :D

I've been looking for a centrepiece for my Cities of Death table and I may just have found it!

I love the whole thing but in particular I'd love to know the recipe for your metalwork on the statues, it looks fantastic.

I have really kept things quick and simple with this one. The statues have got a drybrush on a black base, from tin bits to shining gold.

Thanks for the paint guide - so simple that now I love it twice as much!

I've got a bastion but not a shrine of the aquila. Have GW cleverly made the SotA wall sections the same width as the bastions or did you have to do lots of trimming to fit?

Yes, the unbroken window section from Shrine of the Aquila is two Cities of Death walls wide, and three Cities of Death walls high. The bastion parts are two Cities of Death walls wide, but go out a bit as you see. It's really too great a fact for not making crazy amounts of terrain.

Archived