What's in that Transport?

ArcticFox

In the end, not telling him which unit is in which transport is like taking two identical psyckers and swapping their powers midway through the game.

It's not really a victory if your forced to revert to secrecy to win. Yes that applies to Tzeentch to.

Only if you cheat, if you write it into your army list have fun explaining it away.

I think you'll find many real life military personnel disagreeing with you on that point. It's one of the factors that makes combat terrifying ad daunting, not knowing what you're facing. However if my opponent asks me what unit is in which vehicle I will readily oblige unless agreed beforehand that we would keep it quiet.

I agree completely

As for "seeing' into my transport, I doubt it. Nobody in the 40k has xray vision and of all the races the Space marines are one of the most technologically advanced and they can't even come close to seeing through walls. As for Psykers they are more likely to be occupied with attacking the enemy. Even if they turn their minds towards the transports, they would be unlikely to be like "Ah yes there is a squad of Sword Brethren in that Rhino"

[...] but after I ask once, I memorize them for later.

Not everyone is blessed with such a memory :teehee:. Sometimes it's hard to remember / see / identify models / weapons / guns let alone remember who's in what transport... People can ask as often as they like and sometimes I do myself particularly against an unfamiliar army.

Full disclosure is the norm, make allowances for those who can't remember.

Cheers

I

pictues on my iphone and notes keep me honest about it, for future games

sometimes i ask (cause i am dyslexic, and mix up cannons, guns, and the like (ie i always call las cannons las guns)), but normally am fine

that said, i will always let people know. It is more fun, and i play with people i want to play against again

Well I'm glad you guys told me that in big tournaments handing out copies of lists is normal... I'd never have known and as much as it annoys me I guess I'll just have to suck it up :o

Well I'm glad you guys told me that in big tournaments handing out copies of lists is normal... I'd never have known and as much as it annoys me I guess I'll just have to suck it up :o

If it makes you feel any better, most players don't keep them. Heck, many don't even give them more than a cursory once-over.

Myself, Ikeep every list I'm handed, so I can look at them during downtimes or post-event and assess what I could have done better, or how I could have adapted.

Unless you've got crib notes on how to play each scenario or tourney written on every copy, they don't give much away to the enemy.

If it makes you feel any better, most players don't keep them. Heck, many don't even give them more than a cursory once-over.

I believe this is true because they sort of passively expect you to answer questions when asked. :D For instance "Is that model an IC?" or "Does that model have melta bombs?" People's paint jobs don't always reflect these.

I think weve well established this one:

RAW: You tell your opponent when asked.

Polite: You tell your opponent when asked as long as hes not being pruposefully rude about the whole thing.

Friendly: Whatever you two agree on for level of secrecy will change the normal, as with any other house rule.

So, Im closing this thread. If anyone has something pressing they think they need to say they can feel free to PM me about reopening it.

Archived