Blood Angels Librarian and Captain WIP

Greetings battle-brothers,

After finally deciding on what list to use, I've made a start on assembling my Blood Angels army. Below you'll find pics of my two HQ's, a Blood Angels Librarian and Captain. Both are made from mostly Sanguinary Guard parts, with a few extras added in.

I'm keen to hear your comments, in particular suggestions as to how to make the Librarian more 'Librariany'!

On to the pics:

gallery_5348_4878_9713.jpg

gallery_5348_4878_11226.jpg

gallery_5348_4878_17214.jpg

gallery_5348_4878_46486.jpg

gallery_5348_4878_51724.jpg

gallery_5348_4878_21054.jpg

He's not quite finished, as I'm waiting for a Blood Angels shoulder pad from a bits order, and for some more Librarianness to be added.

On to the Captain:

gallery_5348_4878_44696.jpg

gallery_5348_4878_66464.jpg

gallery_5348_4878_51907.jpg

gallery_5348_4878_29204.jpg

I'm fairly happy with this guy. Nice and simple. Only change I made is to extend the sword from the Death Company box set, as it was to small when compared to the swords that come with the Sanquinary Guard (who I'll be using as Honour Guard).

And finally, brothers in arms:

gallery_5348_4878_48779.jpg

C&C is, as always, welcome.

Cheers,

WW

The only obvious thing that springs to mind is the present absence of a psychic hood on your librarian. Perhaps a book on a shoulder wing emblem and a whole bunch of seals to protect him from warp corruption. Psychers are said to be vulnerable without 'em.

what areyou going to do about a psychic hood? because other than that i have nothing to add, some very simple conversions and they look really nice.

the librarian just needs a little something to make him stand out and i tink the hood is what is needed.

Nice mini's :D I like what you did with the Libs Sword.. very cool. You could add a book on top of his JP .. kinda like the Lib from Space Hulk .. ( not a huge fan of the look of the book myself but people would know it's a Lib ) .. Maybe a couple of books hanging from his belt with chains would look good. And like Shatter said a hood and tons of seals :)

Great minis, realy like the way you've put them together.You may want to go to a bits site for the liby and look in the Dark Angels and Black Templars sprues for scolls/seals as well as a book thats in one of the packs, can't remember which though! Keep up the good work. :lol:

Some hanging scrolls would look good on the libby and maby a bit of gs work on the sword to 'force' it up.

Nice work so far though :o

That's the plan. Going to GS some rams hornes onto the skull on the shoulder pad, and then add other details as I see fit.

i don't care for the shoulder pads, because as they are, they still look like a pair of sanguard, not a captain and lib. but, once painted, assuming you dont' paint them both gold, they should look their parts.

I don't do gold Sanguinary Guard :wub:

Honestly I think the part you've used for the hood looks like an iron halo. Other parts to consider are:

1) Books, always popular with Librarians!

2) Keys, all GW models seem to have them on somewhere.

3) Psychic Hood, maybe similar to Mephistons?

4) Cables, always running from the hood down the torso

5) Scrolls, usually chained to the armour.

7) Horned skulls, usually feature throughout.

Great mini and I like the pose, but it needs some work to make it say 'Librarian'. :HQ:

I love what you have done with the Librarian mini!

I would suggest adding some guitar wire on the sides of his chest (as seen on Mephiston), I would also consider adding cables to his sword to denote it's force sword status.

Here is an example of how I did it on a GKT

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk57/GKTerminators/Grey%20Knights/002005-6.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk57/GKTerminators/Grey%20Knights/002004-6.jpg

Keep up the great work!

BC

if your any good with green stuff you should roll out some strips and do the squiggle line things all force weapons seem to have attached to blades, also green stuff a skull with downward pointing horns

sword and shoulder

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...otCatGameStyle=

axe and chest

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...otCatGameStyle=

Ok, so I think I finally have a Psychic Hood I'm happy with. It's a little bit bunny ears, but I think it works. What do you think:

gallery_5348_4878_27624.jpg

gallery_5348_4878_17156.jpg

gallery_5348_4878_46906.jpg

gallery_5348_4878_53710.jpg

Just need to GS some horns onto the winged skull and the skull on the shoulder pad.

Cheers,

WW

that physic hood defiantly looks better that the other one :)

oh and where did the left hand on the libby come from?

Thanks, and the hand came from the Sanguinary Guard sprue.

It might just be me but that winged skull on the front of the psychic hood just doesn't look right, more like it's been stuck on for the sake of it. Everything else looks great though, definately a fan of the reversed grip on the sword.

Get some paint on these babies! :yes:

Archived