A Newbie's Ponderings and dilemmas! (Pic Heavy) - Updated!

Jarakin

Yeah, I'm kindof wishing I went for Flesh Tearers as I love their fluff too, that and they're less ornate than the blood angels, so would be easier to paint for a noob like myself! lol. Angels Encarmine look awesome and I love their logo.. Ah well, maybe next time! Will definitely keep an eye out for updates on your blog, looking forward to it. :D As for the quickshade's shinyness, I've seen quite a few tutorials on quickshade and yeah, they really are shiny afterwards, but I've got some AP matt anti-shine varnish, so hopefully it'll do the job! Hopefully I'll get a chance to use the quickshade tomorrow, but I think life is going to get in the way... we'll see!

Would really love some more C&C and anyone have any ideas on how I should shade the yellow helmet? Perhaps some more progressive washes/touch ups? Any better ideas?

Cheers guys :)

MOULD LINES!!

There's a reason I used this mini as a test model for my painting, and that is exactly it, I missed a few mould lines on the leg/jet pack on this one and it's a vanilla assault marine, so it's easily replaceable and I wasn't too nervous about "getting it right" as it was replaceable. I've spent a considerable amount of time clearing up mould lines etc. on all my models.

Anyway, was really hoping for something a bit more constructive.

well, you seem to have the right idea really man...just needs some practice to clean it up. For a how you put it 'noob' I'd say you're doing very well!

In terms of shading the yellow, I would maybe just highlight it more to made the shade look darker.

well, you seem to have the right idea really man...just needs some practice to clean it up. For a how you put it 'noob' I'd say you're doing very well!

In terms of shading the yellow, I would maybe just highlight it more to made the shade look darker.

Thanks alot mate, appreciate the comments! :) Yeah I think I'll try some highlighting on the helmet, but need to look around for some inspiration though as my last helmet highlighting experiment didn't work so well!

Archived