Force Dome Question

Ming

No. It must be cast at the beginning of your Movement phase, IIRC. At the beginning of your movement phase, the Librarian is not on the table, so cannot cast anything.

As soon as another action takes place in the Movement phase, like the pod touching down, the "beginning" is over. Opportunity missed.

Also,t he rules for Drop Pod Assault state that at the beginningof your first turn, you must select half of your pods to arrive on Turn One. While you select them at the beginning of the turn, they still arrive via Deep Strike rules, in your Movement Phase.

It says at the beginning of the librarians' movement phase, to use the spell. Semantically, since we deploy reserves before any other units move, it seemed that deep strkes occur before movement. Units that arrive by deep strike "count as" already moved.

Begs a new question - do all reserves and deep strikes occur before all other movement in your phase? Or can they happen anytime dring the movement phase (although rolled for availablity before movement).

Begs a new question - do all reserves and deep strikes occur before all other movement in your phase?

Yes, all reserves come in before other units in your army move (essentially, they come in from DS or off the table edge or whatever at the start of your movement phase).

Deep Striking IS the movement. Reserves are rolled for, but ARRIVE during the Movement phase. The "Librarian's movement phase" is YOUR movement phase.

So, you roll for reserves to determine who arrives, and then place them as part of your movement phase. Since placement is movement (via deepstrike), you can't Null that turn.

If two or more things happen at the begining of the movement phase one has to occur first.

There are no rules in the rulebook to determine which 'First' must happen first. The closest is when you have multiple units in reserve. You can choose the order to deploy them.

In past editions the players whose turn it was determined the order of the 'Firsts'.

So I would probably let the person whose turn it is decide what 'first' has to occur first.

And the normal caveat, if you are in a tourny find out from the TO ahead of time.

You know, I keep thinking about this...and there's no rule that says the Librarian has to be on the table to use a power...and Force Dome doesnt't require LOS. So, why can't the Librarian use it before coming in via DS?

You know, I keep thinking about this...and there's no rule that says the Librarian has to be on the table to use a power...and Force Dome doesnt't require LOS. So, why can't the Librarian use it before coming in via DS?

Models and/or units typically do not take actions while off-table. Special rules might allow blanket effects, like Pedro making Sterguard scoring by virtue of being included in your army, but I can't think of a single unit or model int he game that can roll dice and make actions while not on the board.

Models and/or units typically do not take actions while off-table. Special rules might allow blanket effects, like Pedro making Sterguard scoring by virtue of being included in your army, but I can't think of a single unit or model int he game that can roll dice and make actions while not on the board.

The only "action" allowed off the table (to the best of my knowledge) is Logan Grimnar chosing a special skill each turn. He can do than and then drop pod in.

Other precedents disallow psychic powers when off the table (specifically the Chaos FAQ not allowing warptime by deep striking sorcerors).

Not a psychic power, but I can think of atleast one ability thats been FAQ'd to work off the table, and a couple others that do anyways:

Logan Grimnars ability to confer a special rule onto his unit.

Eldar Autarchs ability to affect reserve rolls.

Super-Hive-tyrants similar ability.

I could see it working, but I really dont think the RAW supports psychic powers being used off the table, even if they dont require LOS or range. Wich is why my Rune Priest turboboosts up to support with Stormcaller instead of riding down in a pod.

Archived