Warhammer40k Art -> Tul

Tul

A small crop from a bigger project blood angels or blood ravens (still haven't decided yet) vs plague marines (green smoke is a hint )

hope the proportions are right on with the lore ... i have no ideea if their hands can go that up

suggestions anyone ?

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab127/Tulwarr1/bloodraven33copysmall.jpg

sorry for the noobness (first post)

you're right a little bit too skinny

btw ... if i have some other stuff to post should I make another thread or just post all here ?

thnx for the reply :cuss man that was fast ;))

If its still WIP, post it in this one, if its finished (and you haven't been posting it in WIP) start a thread in the hall of honor. You can always start a new thread if you like, for example you might want a separate one just for the actual models, and keep this one for artwork.

Nice work with the daemons, remind me of old codexes when chaos was... well, chaotic and their form wasn't as defined as it is nowadays. I too feel the space marine is a bit out of proportion though, especially the arm.

You have a really good eye for building design! Do you mind if I try my hand building your bunker?

GI Joe had fortresses ? ;)) yeh, it kinda looks too toyish and clean, but i guess if you blow some chunks off the structure and scorch the ground around it, it would be more apropiate for Warhammer. Any ways these are the unholy tools of destruction and mayhem that I usually use (these and my trusty WACOM pc pen)

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab127/Tulwarr1/instruments.jpg

thank you for the crits

and @ killian doyle: well, i'm currently in the first year at the college of arhitecture, but i really didn't really think this one all the way through, but please, go ahead and do it, it would be a honor; just after you do it please send me a picture, i'm really curious about the outcome :cuss

I know I am showing my age big time but hell yeah they had a command center.

That was the big present for Christmas one year

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f295/wilis516/GI-Joe-Command-Center.jpg

And a Wacom pen,that was what I was fishing for.

I just bought the Intros4 do you have any advice?

What program do you use to work with it?

I am an old school artist that is tring to break into the 21st century :)

well, in my opinion the best program for digital painting is Photoshop CS2 or Cs3 (if you have e hulk PC), you cand do there anything from schetching to painting details cand a whole lot more. and for advice what can I say make at leats 2-3 drawings a day till you get used to the pen and then watch a Shtload of Gnomon Workshop Tutorials on digilat painting to get a few ideas about the process

• 1 year later...

Better than the BA. Arms look good, helm and colouring rocks. The pads are a little small for my tastes but hey.

The only problem with him is his legs and lower half. The feet are way too big, and the thighs look a little thin. The leg length needs some extending too. He looks too squat at the moment.

How do you work out the porportions too? When I work, I draw the marine without his armour (stick and muscle figure) and work the armour over it. Have a look at my Deviantart (in my sig) for ideas for legs.

Firenze's right, the legs do look sort of comically large. But generally, it looks good (as I pointed out in your other post). Also, the drawing from the body up is a good idea to get an overall feel for the Marine. It allows you something to build off of.

really good! but I would add to what has already been said, the knee pad is too small

on the proportion side, the Torso is not long enough (extending it should allow you to fixe the shoulder plate issue) and the lower leg is not long enough. the tricky part with marines it's that they don't follow the natural human proportion, the osmodula making some bone longer than they should be.

anyhow it's awesome and I can't even imagine the work behind it!

Good work!

Archived