crusader how many weapons can it fire

Crazy Eight

Ok am i being stupid or am i being cheated . I thought and that a land raider crusader once its moved 12" can fire its huricane bolters as these are defensive weapons plus its assault cannon and if its got a multi melta it could fire that using machine spirit . hope this makes sense .

A vehicle moving 12 inches can't fire unless its fast. So POTMS can fire 1 gun.

Some older codexes allowed the hurricane bolters to fire no matter how far it moved, so in that case you could fire the hurricane bolters and POTMS one gun.

vehicles that are stationary can fire all weapons regardless of strength (ordnance is the exception as it prevents other weapons being fired)

vehicles that move up to 6" may fir 1 main weapon and all defensive. basically 1 weapon of str 5 or higher and any str 4 or less.

vehicles that move further than 6" may not fire any weapons, regardless of their str.

POTMS is a special rule that allows the vehicle to fire 1 weapon more than it's usual allowance, so a vehicle moving 6" may fire any defensive weapon and 2 main. it may also target a different unit to the rest of the vehicles shooting.

in your example, as James as pointed out, the vehicle could only fire 1 weapon. this is because usually vehicles are unable to fire if they mov further than 6" but POTMS allows one additional weapon to be fired (in this case 0 + 1= 1)

However, as you may have gathered now, if the LRC moves 6", it can fire it's entire load out using PotMS to fire any heavy gun it has beyond the assault cannon.

Good answers, but you really need to pay attention to what codex you are using. PotMS is different in different codexes. Notably the Templar and DA each have their own version of it offhand.

Yes Templar PotMS is a much poorer shot than the vanilla one. Ours is only a BS2 and can't fire if you move more than 6". But if you are stunned you can use it to move straight ahead to your max distance. I guess ours is too busy driving to aim properly <_<

Archived