The Bloodforged

Im developing a background story for a warband of Khorne and I want them to be a bunch of blood thirsty cyborgs. It is well known that Khorne wants blood, pure and simple he dosent care how or were it comes from as long as it is spilled in his name.

Now the idea is that my warband has developed the habit of sacrificing there own limbs in the name of the blood god only to replace them with bionics. The leader of this warband will be a former Iron Hands captain whose body was for the most part mechanical, so much so that when his systems became infected with a daemonic virus of khorne (inspired by daemonic possession of vehicles and the grey knights book Dark Mechanicum) his human half was unable to retain controle of his body. Eventually the virus spread amongst his company and those who were too human to be turned were killed.

Following visions granted by khorne the captain took his company into the Eye of Terror were he sought out the Forge of Souls. Battling his way across the daemon strewn plains the captain entered into the daemon forge spire were he remained for 12 days. On the 13th day he emerged, forged into a machine of war whose sole purpose is to slaughter the universe, placing every skull taken at the throne of the blood god.

And as the name suggests those who are apart of the warband are known as The Bloodforged

Alright! Another Iron Hand turned follower of Khorne!

My character fought World Eaters and was nearly killed by a marauding Chosen on a Juggernaut. He was severly injured, and he was then had heavy bionic implants. The shock of near death, and the Iron Warriors disdain of weakness imprinted in his mind that the ultimate form of conquering weakness was daemonic cybernetics. He then took his Clan into the Eye, worked in Khorne's forge, and now he is the master of Daemon Engines in my World Eater warband.

Just a suggestion for you: He worked in the forge for 7 days and on the 8th day he emerged ready to whip butt.

I like it sounds good. If i wasn't doing Pre-Heresy World Eaters I would have to convert my Iron Hands into something like this. Why do you think it is that some of us IH players turn to Khorne and not another god?

To RtagingGriffon: Why 7 days?

To Hazardous: Personally i choose Khorne because i was inspired by a picture that was a giant robot which was created for nothing but pure slaughter, below it was an inscription stating "It dosent think. It dosent feal. It dosent laugh or cry. All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die." I loved the whole image of machines of slaughter and it just seemed to suit Khorne plus gives me alot of conversion options.

As far as why the few other traitor IH players choose Khorne I cant say for sure but i think it has something to do with the nature of the machine (which every IH drives to emulate) and the nature of the god in question.

Nurgle is kind of out of the question as he is the god that represents death, decay and pestilence. Well if maintained machines dont die or decay and besides viruses they are unaffected by disease.

Slannesh is the god of excess and pleasure in all its form which is fine and all except machines dont feal pleasure in anyway unless they are really advanced.

Tzeentch of course is the god of magic, change and fate. Most machines are deeply founded in science which is the exact opposite of magic, the fate of a machine is already known. It performs the function assigned to it. And change dosent exactly apply to machines unless you are talking about upgrades.

Now Khorne on the other hand is the god of blood, war and skulls and many of his servants are blood crazed slaughterers, it is very easy to create machines whose only purpose is death thus shedding blood, machines have no use for skeletons and thus have an extra skull to offer to Khorne :blink:. And many of the greatest machines ever made were created for war.

Now I'm in no way discrediting the idea that traitor IH would have alliegance to a god besides Khorne. For instance I could see Ih of Tzeentch being themed after occult based technology as in 40k there is a wide range of technology associated with the parabnoral. For Nurgle the IH could be rusted and obsolete soldiers. Slaneesh is a little harder as again machines dont feal pleasure but im sure the IH drive for perfection could be tied into the god.

For me Khorne just seems to be the more logical choice.

Ah well thank you for the sugestion but ill keep my number of days. The daemon smiths of the forge of souls are independant from the chaos gods so while in my fluff i could give a referance to Khornes sacred number it really isnt that important to me how many days he was worked on so ill keep my number.

Either or. Everyone is entitled to their opinions on what I've written and I have no problem hearing them. But I will defend my idea as im sure there are many who would say "Iron Hands cant be turned traitor" or something along those lines :D

So I'm not allowed to share my ideas? I've played Warhammer 40k and WHFB for 7 years and over that time period i have had alot of ideas which I have written down and developed. I have also collected almost every army to some degree or another but a large factor that drew me to the game was fluff and modeling. I enjoy writing stories, creating characters and converting models even if I dont create an entire army. I apologise if posting my collective ideas makes me seem "flighty" I will try to keep my posts to a minimum from now on.

Don't get pissy, Jarl. We're not saying don't post your ideas here. That is, after all, the point and purpose of this forum. What we're saying is that you should finish one article, get one idea fully fleshed out and at as close to 100% as you can, before moving on to the next one. Think of it like a can of soda (or beer, if you prefer). It's a good idea to finish one can before you open another one, right?

Respectfully how am I supposed to act when someone says something like that? And I dont see how my ideas arent fleshed out? Even if they arent thats why they are posted to get feedback and ideas so that they can be completed. So if any of my posts come across as incomplete (other than posts where I am asking for help completing them) I would like to be told which ones instead of being told that I'm "flighty". To me the above article and every other I've created is complete it has everything I want in it. If there is information that a reader feals should be represented in the article then they only have to ask me in a reply and I'll have no problem either putting the information in or creating it.

Don't get pissy, Jarl. We're not saying don't post your ideas here. That is, after all, the point and purpose of this forum. What we're saying is that you should finish one article, get one idea fully fleshed out and at as close to 100% as you can, before moving on to the next one. Think of it like a can of soda (or beer, if you prefer). It's a good idea to finish one can before you open another one, right?

True unless your double fisting 2 beers. I'm just trying to break the building tension.

Heres my criticism, IMO you are taking the other posts too defensively.

For example the 13 days thing. 1 guy suggests 8 days. Aligning your force's creation myth with khorne.

Your reply.

Ah well thank you for the sugestion but ill keep my number of days. The daemon smiths of the forge of souls are independant from the chaos gods so while in my fluff i could give a referance to Khornes sacred number it really isnt that important to me how many days he was worked on so ill keep my number.

This just comes across as "Just shut up and listen." And was what originally put me off. Because despite being a warband dedicated to khorne, their leader was forged by some undivided demon smiths. Why bother mentioning a number at all? It adds nothing.

You spelled control wrong.

Now the question is, what is the purpose of this virus? What does it target? The machine half of the Iron Hands or the human half?

I know that you said for the captain his human half is the one that lost the battle as the captain was mostly bionics, but other Iron Hands only have a hand or a leg being bionic, maybe their left eye or something.

And it's "where" not were. Were is the past tense for are. Where is in reference to location.

How about if the virus ate the flesh of the marines as well as possessing them and only the marines that had large amounts of bionics survived. Then you could have khorne worshiping crazy terminator style (end of the first movie) marines. It also leaves a lot of room for skull imagery as their skulls would be exposed.

Archived