WIP Librarian

Well this is the librarian for my DIY Chapter (i yet to have a name for my chapter but still on the hunt)

I dont like the blue you see most librarians as i see them bein dark beings, with twisted minds ( i mean all that psychic power has got to do something to your head) so anyways i have gone for a darker colour blue to represent this darkness

well i shall let the pics do th talking

gallery_34512_4915_1670613.jpg

gallery_34512_4915_676125.jpg

gallery_34512_4915_449214.jpg

C and C welcome

Looks great so far.

IMHO the source lighting from the eye needs a little more work. It needs to be seen on the inside of his psychic hood and cable on that side, also take the blue off of his forehead from above his eyebrow and from the front of his nose. Try to think about where the light would logically shine (not around corners :D ).

I also really like the color scheme. blue with black shoulder pads, right? I like the blue you have used, it's nice and dark. A wash may help to blend the highlights better. What are the colors of the Chapter, and do you have a symbol yet?

Do you have ideas for the name, are you asking for some?

Keep posting I am interested to see him progress.

GB

Looks great so far.

IMHO the source lighting from the eye needs a little more work. It needs to be seen on the inside of his psychic hood and cable on that side, also take the blue off of his forehead from above his eyebrow and from the front of his nose. Try to think about where the light would logically shine (not around corners :rolleyes: ).

I also really like the color scheme. blue with black shoulder pads, right? I like the blue you have used, it's nice and dark. A wash may help to blend the highlights better. What are the colors of the Chapter, and do you have a symbol yet?

Do you have ideas for the name, are you asking for some?

Keep posting I am interested to see him progress.

GB

thanx for the tips on lighting, its my first time tryin this so hopefully with a bit of touchin up and additional lighting to the hood it should come out ok =]

as for the colour scheme to my chapter, their armour is mostly black with blue upper body, still havent decided on shoulder pads yet but i do like the idea of black ones after seeing what it looks like on my librarian.

as for chapter names help would be appreciated, i want to go for something to do with "eclipse or warp" i do like warp runners but found these to already be a chapter.

That lighting is fantastic, very nicely painted model overall.

I would have gone for a different colour on the plasma pistol coils, however, but that's personal taste and has no bearing on an excellently painted model.

Nice work! :)

thank you for the kinda words, i myself am really pleased with the outcome of the lighting, as this is the first time i have tried ths effect

@ turelhim vampire: i was also thinking of changing the plasma coils as not to keen with them bein the same colour as the psychic power. However i aint to sure what other colour to do them??

Was thinking possible green?

Jim

A quick way to chage the colour on the plasma coils would be to do a quick wash in yellow or red ink, change the colour without ruining that highlight.

Cos at the mo it looks like he has a psychic pistol lol :P

But really nice work overall :) and as for a chapter name how about 'Void Runners' or summat like that?

Cant wait to see this finished.

A quick way to chage the colour on the plasma coils would be to do a quick wash in yellow or red ink, change the colour without ruining that highlight.

Cos at the mo it looks like he has a psychic pistol lol :P

But really nice work overall :) and as for a chapter name how about 'Void Runners' or summat like that?

Cant wait to see this finished.

yeah we dont want psychic pistols now do we....or do we?? :(

and yeah probs will just give it a quick wash over

as for the name i really like void runners got a good ring to it =]

jim

WOW! He looks 100% better! Great work!

I agree that the plasma pistol should be a different color. Red/orange would really pop. Green would look a little more sinister.

As for names...............what about:

Warp Guard

Warp Angels

Templar Eclipse

Marines Eclipse

Warp Lions/Wolves/Hawks/Ravens/Sharks/Snakes...

Hope this helps.

GB

@ grimm blade: yeah i am more than pleased with the outcome of the lighting much better than the first attempt i did so thank you for your words of wisdom on where the light would fall, it has really helped so thank you.

as for the names they are some great names and i really like the sound of warp ravens. it sounds really cool so thank you for that.

@ igotsmeakabob: sorry to scare you like that but i kinda did wanna bring out the sinister side to librarians so glad to see has worked <_<

will post more pics up when i have played around with colours on plasma coils.

JIM

Good idea on the ink wash - if you wash the coils in red they should turn purple. That would be different enough without clashing with the blues. Might want to test it on a spare plasma pistol first though - just in case! :lol:

Archived