Chaos Lord

Hello there, I'm painting up an old Choas Lord in Iron Warrior colours and I thought I'd throw up some progress reports on here. He's an old model, he used to have a powerfist and a combi melta, but some of those parts have long disappeared. So now he has a chainsword and bolt pistol from the Bezerker sprue. As he's not a gaming piece I'm not so worried about his lack of special weapons, however if he ever did see the table top it could always be a Daemon Weapon. :D

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae63/Astartes_Loken/Modelling%20Log/PICT1951.jpg

Cheers for looking

Rob

Really liking this, especially the NNM (although I think that strip down his helmet could do with a bit more work). Also loving the way you did the hazard stripes on the chainsword; more gritty and realistic than the 'Hello! Look at my big pointy thing with bright yellow stripes on it! Isn't it stupidly dazzling?!?' that most people are drawn to.

::EDIT:: grammar

I really love the pieces you've used here. I always thought that even though the plastic Berserkers were the first Chaos kit produced in the current "fully interchangeable" mindset that all the plastic kits are in now, that they had the coolest weapons. The plastic Chaos Space Marines have smaller, dinkier chainswords and bolt pistols, but those big clunky Berserker bits seem to have a more antique, master-crafted feel to them. Loving the Chaos Lord body too, I very rarely see that used in conversions anymore.

Cheers folks. S.Bloodhowl, you're right it needs a bit more work on the helmet, A few washes with Gryphonne Sepia should help a bit. here's a little update.

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae63/Astartes_Loken/Modelling%20Log/PICT1953.jpg

Nothing fancy just blocking in some of the base colours at the moment.

Cheers for looking.

Rob

Archived