'Ard Boyz Second Place

Aarkon

Well I managed to pull out a second place finish with my Chaos List. I played a list totally tailored to the missions. So I tried to make my Kill Points and Victory Points hard to get as well as taking massive squads that could hold multiple objectives in the first mission.

My list was simple.

Chaos Lord, Mark of Khorne, Blood Feeder

Chaos Lord, Mark of Nurgle, Man Reaper

Chaos Squad (20 Marines), 2 Melta Guns, Power Fist, Mark of Chaos Glory

Chaos Squad (20 Marines), 2 Melta Guns, Power Fist, Mark of Nurgle

3 Oblitorators

3 Oblitorators

3 Oblitorators

It worked out very well. In the last mission my whole list was 11 Kill Points so every other list in the tournament had way more KP's then me. As for Victory points the likst was made so you had to kill 10 marines just to get half points. As for the first mission I was able to use one giant unit to hold 3 objectives and use the rest of my army to clear the other two so by the end I was holding all 5.

The second game hower was against a huge gun line Dark Eldar list with something like 14 or so dark lances, and in the first 3 turns I missed with every single Oblit lascannon shot. So bad luck there, but really good luck in game 1 and 3 ment I was able to pull out a second place.

That was an impresive sight. 91 chaos marines walking down the field can make anyone feel a bit nervous. Sucked that second game, a bot better luck and the game could have gone different.

Archived