question: naming and fluff-check

caboosebe

Hello,

To start, would like to thank all those who have welcomed me in the ranks of chaos on my first post and the tips i got on my first battle 40k ever, thank you!

I've been roaming Bolter and Chainsword a bit, and i love the idea of making a bit of fluff around your own chapter/legion/warband. Some really impressive works here, really amazing.

When i started painting my first Chaos space marines (undivided), i went with the codex tip of mixing warbands together. I know most people don't do it, and paint all models in same color-scheme. But i liked too many color-schemes to chose. So i went with the tip.

Now according to fluff, as i understand it, is that warbands only come together for a major Crusade.

I'm just starting so i don't have many models atm, but my main theme is Black Legion for normal troops.

I also painted my terminators in Steel Brethren (not so known, but love the silver on black theme)

here is a picture that inspired me:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/6/66/Steelbrethrentermlord.jpg

I want to add other legions aswell, being Death Guard for Plague Marines, and World Eaters for Khorne Berserkers (I just don't like a Black legion Berserker Color-theme).

A Crusade being the only time the legions don't kill each other. I would like to name my crusade.

Personaly i was thinking about calling it the Mandalor-Crusade, but i'm open for suggestions about calling it something else.

An other problem is that, according to the codex, the black legion always name it 'the Black Crusade'.

Now i can't call it the 14th Black Crusade, because in the furture, GW will probably make up one under that name to keep the fluff going.

I also want to give a go at making a little fluff story myself, around this crusade.

The crusade will be located in the Oberonn-system, Oberonn because the store where i play 40K with my friends.

They have only 4 Chaos players there of 40+ members, and me being the only non-apocalyps player. So i want to make the Oberonn-system a system untainted by Chaos in any way.

What do you guys think of this?

Any name suggestions for the crusade?

Fluff-wise possible?

Fools-idea?

Any comment is welcome, good or bad.

Thank you for your time and effort.

I see nothing wrong with naming it the Mandalor Crusade, but here's the thing. A Crusade is not going to be contained within a single star system. I would suggest that you make one of pivotal battle of the Crusade -- its first, last, or turning point (one way or the other) -- to be in the Oberonn System. Or, alternatively, you can call it the Oberonn Crusade, being a struggle over the Oberonn Subsector of, say, the Mandalor Sector, Segmentum Obscuras? Pacificus? whichever. The beautiful thing about fighting over the entirety of the Milky Way Galaxy is that there are so many worlds and so many sectors of space unexplored by the fluff that you can pull this sort of thing out of your rear and get away with it.

true, want to make oberonn the first system. As it is system untainted by chaos, it would provide many new chaos followers (me building up my army) xD just want to make it in a little story, but don't know if it's just a dumb idea or something that people will read in their free time.

Eh, why not? I'd be interested in reading it. I say go for it. And I agree on your opinion on the Steel Brethren scheme, I love it too. When I saw it on the GW site I was drooling over it.

But I digress.

Crusades are normally named after their objective or the area where the most fighting in the crusade takes place. Did you want it to concentrate on the Oberron system alone or expand it to other systems? And for those of us who know about Starwars fluff, you may or may not want to reconsider the use of Mandalor. Personally,I've got nothing against it, but you know how some people get :P .

You could name it after the leader of your Warband, as it is by his word that the others have gathered, or name it after your actual Warband (just because you have allies from other warbands, doesn't mean your force didn't have an original name).

Thanks for the info and support on the Steel Brethren.

Fact is, will i ever play outside Oberonn (talking about the club-house)? The story is going to be a building story. I now have a nameless lord leading, but as i get models of HQ's, the story will alter in that direction.

For example. Today (normaly) I'll be getting 50 space wolves models (incl HQ, termies, etc.) for a low low price [i is happy]. I wanted to repainted, corrupt them. Turn them into The Dark Wolves (according with the fluff, something like a 'second' turning) and list them as Khorne Berzerkers. That too I want to discribe in the story.

I know it sounds difficult, to understand what i mean. It's more of a progress story then a real story all written out in one go. So i want to take my wins and losses on the table, write them down, but in a small story version that will be updated as we go.

I appreciate it for the remark on the 'Mandalor' name. It's true that it is Starwars. The name inspired me of the story around them: Evrybody can join (diffrent warbands in 40k). Mandalor is the strongest and leads (Strongest HQ/model leads). etc.

Tell you what, you find me a good name for the Crusade, i'll put a little 'demo-story' on, and if people like to read it as a pass-time, i'll go through with it

Archived