Slaanesh White Scars.

Guest Cate

Guest Cate

I have been following She who thirsts for years, but gotten tired of the pink, so a while back I started to create my DIY CSM warband. After reading the Dornian Heresy PDF, I realised that the new take on the White Scars was my cup of tea. First of all because of the fluff. Secondly because of the new colours, many of my CSM was already white and gold. Thirdly because I love bikes and other fast moving stuff on the board. So here are my first WIP shot of the Slaanesh White Scars. The terminator on the right has been posted in other thread, but in earlier stages.

gallery_32592_4743_73715.jpg

I know that there are some stuff that needs to be done om them, like the left arm on the axe marine, the reaper cannon isn't ready, most black stuff must be painted and the bases are still naked.

Can these three be the start of a Dornian Heresy White Scars Band as you visioned them from Ferratas work?

Really like them. I too have been very inspired by the Dornian Heresy stuff. I think this will be a new trend for a lot of people on the B&C and hopefully in the hobby as a whole.

Look forward to see the rest of the force as it comes a long

This will be interesting! Mixing White Scars with She who Thrists is a potent combo to say the least and should make for some cool conversions and paintjobs.

The painting looks to be high standard as well, so this project will surely be something to keep an eye on :cuss

Cheers!

Guest Cate

I am at the moment writting a version how I feel how the combination Slaanesh and White Scars can be combined without beig to OP. I am not going the easy way and doing a count as Codex, I am doing it from scratch, for me and my group it dosen't matter if it would be accepted as a legal codex as we never play tournies and most often play Apoc, but if anyone is interested in my ideas I can PM them when I have written them down or even discuss them in the homegrown rules when the white scars discussion starts later in the proper thread.

This picture is just taken for fun. :)

gallery_32592_4743_37078.jpg

Guest Cate
It is taken with the lens reversed, and due to the vibration in the hand you get the swirly effect. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I like the scheme, but to me the fluff is slightly lacklustre towards the end - ok I haven't looked at it again for some time, but personally it needs more than 'the boss likes shiny things' to make a legion turn Slaaneshi. Annoyance with his reduced role (al la the IW) alleviates that a bit though. ('Course, I couldn't do any better, and possibly a bit worse.)

Gold-on-white however is really striking. I like how you've managed to make clean white armour look dark and sinister.

WHIIIIITE OMG WHIIIITE! Sorry.... it's just soooo white.

It came out really nice, but they could easily be mistaken for loyalists. You haven't done enough with the color scheme to really make them stand out as chaotic, perhaps some pink shading? The are supposed to be slaneesh guys after all.

Perhaps some mutations, or discolored skin would also help.

Some more work with my take on The Dornian Heresy WHITE Scars.

med_gallery_32592_4743_30133.jpg

Bike Champion

gallery_32592_4743_31417.jpg

Bike Champion side

med_gallery_32592_4743_31544.jpg

Terminators

med_gallery_32592_4743_27682.jpg

Raptor

med_gallery_32592_4743_31114.jpg

Since when is Slaanesh all about mutations and pink? Read the White Scars part of the Dornian Heresy before criticising with all caps. White scars are more about greed than the EC and many White Scars haven't embraced Slaanesh to the fullest. Chaos and Slaanesh is not gritty, ugly or anime tentacly as many belive, chaos is when order has fallen and can therefore look how ever it want. If White Scars are embracing the greed part of Slaanesh they will keep their armour in a good standard and get more golden details. Tell me where it says that Slaanesh marines must be pink have loads of mutations. After have played EC for years I got tired of the purple and pink and stopped playing them after half my army got illegal to play with as sonic bikes and terminators are a no no. So now when the Dornian Heresy gave me a new view of how to play Slaanesh marines i started with some new Slaanesh.

The photos are a bit bright and I know that you can see the mould lines, and the some stuff isn't drilled yet, I was wondering if the red weapon casings are good idea or if I should go with an other colour.

/Cheers

Like the SG wings on the raptor, they seem to fit the 'twisted beauty' aspect of Slaanesh.

Not sure about the red on the bolters, but can't think of an alternative that isn't just black.

Again: the gold on white is really effective. Though perhaps some furs/trophies etc. on the bike, similar to 'official' White Scars?

Looking good. I think the wings on the raptor fit with the theme nicely. If they are all about the greed i would be giving them bags of money :) and other "treasures" like golden chalices, chains, and furs. Also maybe add some purple/pink flames on the armor here and there just to show they worship Slaanesh. Very good work so far, keep it up.

I am really impressed. I love it when people strike out with different avenues of thought than the norm. Also I think that the move into chaos is usually gradual. Most murders don't just one day decide to kill. It is a slow lengthy path taken one step at a time before they reach the deapths of chaos.

Really well painted and I love your fluff reasoning.

I really like the way your White Scars are coming out. I agree w/ you on the whole "Since when is Slaanesh all about mutations and pink?" . On the GW site, it does have some pretty cool conversions such as studded armor. It might work out, especially if you made each stud a different color jewel. That might turn out pretty well.

Maybe mixing some boltgun metal or shining gold to a different color might come out alright for the boltguns, I like to do that for my power weapons and the metallic flakes will definitely add to the "Greed" of your army...

Keep up the good work bro, look forward to seeing more!

I'd forgotten about studded armour - that'd look pretty good. Not sure if they shouldn't be gold though, would jewels be too 'busy' on the armour? Only one way to find out: test paint... :P

Jewels in general would be a good idea. Something like the eldar or, where CSM armour has eyes sculped onto it etc. you could simply paint those up as jewels, maybe even sculpt a few hanging from belts and so on.

I would love to be able to do the purple flames as in the picture and I have tried to do them, but I suck at doing freehand flames, I am pondering to make some edges on shoulder and on some of the legs fade from purple to white, but it doesn't look good either.

About studs, I will stud up some stuff on some of the next batch of marines, gems might make them look like a cross between Russian mob wives and clowns which is something I try to stay clear of.

When I get the time to get into town and get me some SW stuff I will fur the marines up a bit, but at the moment I am 200 miles from the closest place I can buy GW stuff, so I am just painting up stuff from my bit box.

/cheers

I would love to be able to do the purple flames as in the picture and I have tried to do them, but I suck at doing freehand flames, I am pondering to make some edges on shoulder and on some of the legs fade from purple to white, but it doesn't look good either.

About studs, I will stud up some stuff on some of the next batch of marines, gems might make them look like a cross between Russian mob wives and clowns which is something I try to stay clear of.

When I get the time to get into town and get me some SW stuff I will fur the marines up a bit, but at the moment I am 200 miles from the closest place I can buy GW stuff, so I am just painting up stuff from my bit box.

/cheers

Why not use purple as a shade on the armor? Maybe a light wash over your delicious cake marines would add some depth in places? :P Couldn't hurt to try right?

Re the flames, there's a good tutorial out there on the forums. I'll try to find it, since all I can remember is the guy who wrote it is Alexander somebody.

EDIT: Found it! The guy's name is Alexander Fogh Pedersen, and you're looking for post #91 on this page: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...90286&st=75 (That page is pic heavy, so let it load a second and scroll down.) Should be reasonably simple to subsitute purples and maybe a little dark pink for highlights instead of the red and yellow.

@Mnone: Thanks for that digging of that tutorial, will try it later when I get to a store to buy me some new brushes.

@Inquisitor Fox: It doesn't help that I also only have three different brushes, where one is a tank brush and another is a drybrush. :)

Archived