Slaanesh White Scars.

Guest Cate

Chaos and Slaanesh is not gritty, ugly or anime tentacly as many belive, chaos is when order has fallen and can therefore look how ever it want.

i'm borrowing that! i have a not-so-conventional Slaanesh project underway and i fear i'm gona need it, ...alot

back on topic: looks very good! the white looks very smooth and the gold efect is nice

now go make us some more ;)

• 2 months later...
The mark is coming I am still going to bling it abit, with some skulls, the slaanesh mark and some other stuff, but it will be there sooner or later.

Black undercoat, fortress grey, bleached bone, brown wash and then skull white.

The white is painted in several thin layers. White takes time to get good. ;)

Cheers.

//Cate

I had an idea for an alternative colour scheme for a legion of the damned squad, using a kind of boiling blood theme, which I think would work really well with the alternative take on the blood angels. Think of the partially resurrected warrior god from Nausicaa Valley of the Wind and the way it boils and collapses and you've got the idea I'm going for. What think ye Cate?

Amazing work on the paintjobs so far, they really look like they've just started down the road to heresy

RE the jewels idea, maybe rather than having each stud a different jewel, just stick with one type per model...personally i'd go for rubies or yellow catseyes over sapphires/emeralds, as they'd suit the scheme better.

@Celes Boiling blood seems like a nice idea for Nurgleish BA, I am not sure what you mean with Nausicaa Valley of the Wind, but make a test model or point me towards the right place so I can get a reference.

/Cheers

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c...god_warrior.png

http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/blog/...2177-custom.png

These aren't really the greatest of pictures, you'd have to watch the sequence itself to really get the best impression of the effect I'm talking about. The giant creature basically disintegrates mid-fight, so its blood boils, the flesh liquidizes and runs off, leaving just a gargantuan skeleton behind. If you added some bone details just coming to the surface on a model it would accentuate it quite nicely.

I LOVE your work here. I normally hate the White Scars, but they're cool in the Dornian Heresy. Your colour scheme is fantastic. I was a tad worried about the Imperial symbols on some of the Blood Angel bits you've used, but then I remembered how the White Scars are all about greed and pride and they love to take trophies. So anything like that is clearly a trophy, and I think thats awesome.

@celes sounds cool, I got the feeling that the Dornian Heresy BA:s should be thinner and more skeleton like, which is hard to pull of when they have Power armour, so a marine who is melting and skeleton parts sticking out should look smashing.

melting face

@everyone else. Thank you for the comments. As soon as I can get to my photographer, I will put up the finished DP.

Looks great, I love the purpley skin tone you've gone for and the idea of greed fuelled Slaanesh followers is very cool.

Think the BA might be my fav here though, really nice use of bits and would work well across a whole army (Come to think of it, this would work ruleswise too, use C:BA and just have plenty of Sang. Priests for the FNP bubble which would counts-as MoN)

I love this take on them! The new blood angel models work really well for them....ID say if rules aren't an issue for you go ahead and do a land speeder like the fluff says they have....gold and white work well....I am obsessed with gold...and white scars....and dornian heresy so I love you work here.....nice use of the new DP btw....

Archived