Counts as SC

While I was milling about at work today I got to thinking about my Word Bearers army. Although I don't normally like to use SC subs I got wondering as to the two big names and positions for Lorgar's children. This is the position of First Chaplain and Keeper of the Faith. Erebus and Kor Pheron are the two big names for the Word Bearers. My question is who would you use to field them and why? Personally Im not sure whose rules I'd use hence the question.

Give them a special paint job and a name and then bob's your uncle you've got new fancy pants special characters. Just remember to use the appropriate model, the paint job doesn't really matter.

I may be mistaken, but isn't Kor Phaeron supposed to die in the Heresy ? As for Erebus, I would probably use Abaddon : the others don't seem really appropriate.

I was under the impression that the Keep of the Faith still lived given some of the literature that has came out over the past couple of years mainly the trilogy penned by Anthony Reynolds. Would the Despoiler be too over the top to run either of these characters or would Khârn or Huron be better alternatives. For Khârn his betrayer rule would reflect zealotry and the ones cut down not being of true faith and cut down for the failure. Any other ideas? I was just debating if Abbadon was too powerful or not.

Archived