Inquisitorial Retinue

I've got a game against daemons coming up, and I thought it might be helpful to stick in a few inquisitors. Then I read the daemon hunter rules and found 'Sanctuary'. And that got me thinking...

(drops into a bit of rules bit here as well, models to come!)

If I have an Inquisitor Lord with Sanctuary and 3 Mystics (and maybe some acolytes in case my plan fails first time round), i can plonk them and a small Troops squad (Guard or Marines) next to them. Lord casts sanctuary, basically project a 3" radius no-go, no shoot zone for the daemons (cos they can't draw LOS, so they can't hit what's inside the 'bubble'). I can hold that objective without much fuss, cos nothing can get in. Now, that means any weapons the Lord has is a dead weight, because that nullifies sanctuary, but squads inside it and Henchmen can shoot and use abilities. Thus the mystics are safe. I stick a Leman Russ or Dev squad nearby and watch them merrily blast away at every passing daemon who decides to 'drop in'.

I'm sure there's a flaw in my plan. It seems far too perfect.

Anyway. I'm currently in a 'no buy' phase, so this little retinue needs to be made from scraps and hardwork. not to bad, I have lots of Adeptus Mikalikus stuff lying around :) But here's the starter. Judging by the fact that the Lord is a defensive psyker, I modelled him about Ravenor. All he has left is the powa of the mind...

I've also got a mystic. I'm going to a kind of neo-shaman look. And genestealer heads are excellent at detecting warp rips, apparently ;)

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr344/Captain_Mike_Parker/P1010120.jpg

Mr Cosmic Lollipop of Doom. Serious name to come.

Any comments on models and/or rules. There must be a flaw, it seems far too perfect.

WHOA! Nice inquisitor mate, thats really taking it back to the ol' school crazyness 40k used to be about and I totaly aprove. Nice mystic aswell, can always be used as a stand in for a magus in a genestealer cult to. Good luck with the rest of the mini's and please show us more.

Archived