WIP Librarian

with my chaos army all but completed with just my CoCIV project to be added it's time to start my new venture, i'll be taking this slowly until then.

i've been a huge fan of the Scythes of the Emperor since getting advanced space crusade for my xmas many years ago and plan to have a conceptual army centering on the new fluff from the Legends of the Space Marine book of a chapter slowly rebuilding itself in the aftermath of hive fleet Kraken.

first up will be plenty of scouts for sure but i always like to start my armies by doing a character model to spoil myself before doing the heavy graft of squads etc.

WIP Librarian

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa54/cornelias/SOTE/libbyfront.jpg

The tubes on the torso look fantastic. From which set are they and how are they attached? (Must... steal... awesome... idea ^^)

it's actually fairly simple heh, they are hoses from the chaos combi-flamer that come on the tank sprue. you need 4 in total, 2 per side cut in half then glued together to form a circle.

looks really good i think you should give him a book though. and which legs did you use for him?

yeah i'm gonna add a book on the right leg but it's already painted as i'm pinching it off one of my old mordhiem models, he also has a book greenstuffed on the right shoulder pad (i'll post a close up once he has some paint).

the legs are from the new death company plastics with some greenstuff work, was a fairly simple process apart from one of the horns which was being stubborn :jaw:

trying to decide between standard blue armour or just the shoulder pad with normal chapter colours for the rest, anyone care to chip in with advice? :jaw:

For the scythes I think the blue armour would be a big contrast, even more than normal, but you may want to have him stand out like that.

yeah this is my dilemma, from a modeling point of view i think i prefer the blue armour due to him looking more special but from a gaming perspective it can be good for him to blend into the rest of the army where someone may just forget he is there, if only for a moment or turn.

i've managed that a few times playing black legion using a sorc (without wings/jump pack) at higher points levels as a second HQ attached to a bog standard CSM squad. this could probably work alot better in a space marine army as a libby performs better than a sorc :lol:

Wow, I think that this is the first all plastic librarian I have seen on the B&C that doesn't look like it has a shoulder pad mounted over the back of its head.

I am impressed.

Archived