Marines Exemplar Terminator

Malignus

As I'm waiting for the pieces to come in from eBay to be able to start work on my custom Chapter Master, I figured I might as well start a Terminator. So, here it is. This is the first time I actually tried doing anything new to the base other than paint and sand, and I have to say that I am pretty happy with how it looks so far. I might add some more things to it later, other than sand, that is.

I didn't like any of the arm poses for the storm bolters, so I cut it at the elbow and straightened it out. Had to use some green stuff to stick the two bits together and keep them from looking obviously cut.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9759/picture001jv.jpg

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/1060/picture002yy.jpg

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/2051/picture001ys.jpg

A quick base coat put on him. Starting on a more detailed pass on him now.

Also, I'd like to say that I almost have all of my bits in to begin work on my model of Maxim Absolon, the Marines Exemplar's chapter master. I'll post that up when I start work on him.

• 2 weeks later...
Is that horse cr*p on the base? :lol: Looks like it ;)

Maybe a few more angles would help me generate some good C&C. Can't say much now.

Ludovic

It's a mixture of rubble and mud. It's blurred in the picture so it's hard to make it out.

Is that horse cr*p on the base? :sweat: Looks like it ;)

Maybe a few more angles would help me generate some good C&C. Can't say much now.

Ludovic

It's a mixture of rubble and mud. It's blurred in the picture so it's hard to make it out.

I like basing so heres my 2 cents.

Your base might not be finished yet so but here is what Id do.

If its rubble an mud one of the things I try and do when Im basing is to tie the elements into each other. eg if you have brown mud or loose rubble its a given that the rubble will be a similar colour as thats just bigger bits of the same thing. Painting one element black and one brown makes both parts stand apart too much. Personally Id fill between the cracks with fine gravel, score and pit the surface of the sprue with a knife. If its rubble its unlikely all the bricks will stil have perfect edges. Then put some gravel or sand sparingly on some of the sprues.

Heres an example of the above that I did on a dreadnought base HERE

It may be the photo but the mud looks too rich in colour hence Ludovics comment. Id paint the whole thing graveyard earth, wash it in devlin mud and badab black in the deeper resesses, dry brush it in graveyard earth and then pick out the sprues you can see in solid graveyard earth to make them stand out. Then hit the edge of the sprues with a mix of graveyard earth and bone. If you have any static grass use it sparingly in a couple of the sprues in the cracks to give it some age.

I hope that helps and is constructive

Archived