Reclusiarch Conversion Plan

Well, I was doodling the other day, and I ended up with this:

gallery_50723_4325_7243.jpg

It got me to thinking, why don't I model him? It's my DIY Chapter's Reclusiarch, Bartimeo Faid, and in-game he would count as a Chaplain.

First of all, he wouldn't be posed like that, he'd be much more dynamic, but the picture gives me a feel for what he would look like.

So I was thinking:

• The body would be Gabriel Seth's minus all of the Flesh Tearers iconography.
  • The chainsword, epic as it is, would be replaced with a Crozius Arcanum from one of the Chaplain sets (while keeping the handle, so that it's a long Crozius arcanum).
  • Gabriel Seth's head would be replaced with a Chaplain helmet.
  • The backpack would be from a Legion of the Dead model with skulls as air vents, or something similar.
  • A Terminator shield would be placed over one shoulder pad to incorporate the Reclusiarch's heraldry.
  • I would use green stuff to make ropes similar to those on the Space Marine Captain box (or I could use said bit from said box).
  • I'm not sure how to do the, for lack of a better term, battle-skirt. Green stuff?
  • Finally, the skull on the right shoulder pad would be obtained from a Chaplain kit or molded with green stuff.

So, what do you think?

Whilst it sounds linke an interesting conversion I must admit I'm not sold on a long Crozius. Of course if I saw it on the model I probably would be. I'd love to see this project develop and rest assured I shall return to see how you go with this.

I think the crozius will turn out fine as the handle on Seth's chain blade isn't really that long. If anything you might have to add some length on so your Reclusiarch's hand isn't right on the base of the crozius' head. I found making my crozius daunting; too long and it looks unwieldy, too short and it looks stubby and pathetic!

I'm having a little trouble seeing what you thinking of doing with the kilt (let's just call it a kilt for the sake of manly, manliness) by your sketch. Are you planning the Roman style leather loincloth from the Commander box, but wrapping around the waist? If so, green stuff, yes.

There are some crozius heads in the command squad box, by the way. There are also some nice skull shoulder pads floating around (Khorne Berserker pads, Maxmini's, ect). What head are you thinking of using by the way? Skull helm or a skull-faced battle helm? You may be able to use one of the Death Company helms that have the halo built in if you shave the face-grill off and green stuff in some more skeletal features (cheek bones, teeth, nasal cavity, ect.).

Overall, I like the idea and think it would make for a very dynamic Reclusiarch. Looking forward to seeing this come together!

Well, here is the basic feel of what I'm going for. Obviously it's a very bad merge picture, and it doesn't include all of the elements. This is sort of what I want to make. Graphics are straight from the GW website.

gallery_50723_4325_32747.jpg

I agree that the head should be facing forward (like I said, bad merge picture). However, I think that the crozius head is about a good size. It's not too heavy too swing, so he can spin 'round and 'round, and also move his hand up the handle to get better control when things get tight.

Archived