Space Marine Symbols

I have a army that im making and have been using black templars upgrade kits to stylize my army. my question is it ternny legal to do so while using codex blood angels, and not using the army for Black Templars?

fyi all the crosses, and talbards are colored green, armor is all black. simular to BT. but i like ba rules better. :P

It's totally legal, as long as all your wargear and special weapons (i.e. flamers, missile launchers, etc.) are properly represented. I do a DIY Chapter and I have Black Templar, Dark Angel, and a few Space Wolf bitz all mixed in, using either Codex: Space Wolves or Codex: Space Marines depending on which Company I'm representing.

sounds cool.

i had it set up for space marines, but liked blood angels alittle better. but after all the green cross is a medical symbol. and so i guess it works for blood related insignia. Just sucks for me with all the filing and dremel work i'll have to do for Dante, and friends to match with the rest of my army. o well goonies never say die!

My army includes parts from every available chapter box - Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Ultras, Black Templars, Space Wolves, even Iron Hands.

For what it's worth, I painted most of the Templar Crosses red and applied them to my Veterans. They are Crusade honour badges for my guys.

There was a time when WYSIWYG extended even as far as to the paint job of your guys in many cases. Now-a-days thats a very rare thing indeed. You shouldnt have any issues as long as everything is otherwise modeled correctly.

Most Templar iconography in particular is sytlized versions of alot of basic Imperium and Marine iconography.

The Templar cross is very similar to the Terminator honors cross. The tabards and some of the bits (helmets and chests in particular) are very gothic and harken back to some of the older styles. BT bits are particularly useful for creating veteran units.

Archived