Homing Beacons

pueriexdeus

Am playing in an Apoc game this summer it'll be Deathwing and Salamanders vs. Orks. Between us we'll have upward of 300 TDA, and 16 Lucias Pattern Drop Pods for our Dreads.

Will be bringing a three Sqd detachment of Ravenwing. With my bikes and LPDP's I'll have about 30 beacons on the table, he on the other hand only has 4 of the LPDP's

My Q: Can his Terminators use my homing beacons?

He also might bring Vulcan, will I gain the Twinlinked benefit for my TH's/Flamers/Melta's?

iwould say that only members of the 'salamanders' army should get the bonuses on the weapons (be they allied WH/GKs or just marines) as it feels extremely wong to grant the bonuses to the Dark Angels for isntance. I would say the same if he were on my side, i don't see why just becuse someone elses army has chracter my army should be improved, its not like i've raided their armoury for thunder hammers and meltas.

on the Homing Beacon front, i would say it ws much more acceptable to allow any unit on your side to use them. Marines would coordinate their assaults to maximis the chances of success, so its not a ridiculous situation. i would say hwoever that your opponent could do something similar, for instance the KFF on a big mek could shield anything on his side. likewise the venomthrope (or whatever it is) that puffs out toxic smoke to cover nearby units would be able to affect any friendly unit on his side.

iwould say that only members of the 'salamanders' army should get the bonuses on the weapons (be they allied WH/GKs or just marines) as it feels extremely wong to grant the bonuses to the Dark Angels for isntance. I would say the same if he were on my side, i don't see why just becuse someone elses army has chracter my army should be improved, its not like i've raided their armoury for thunder hammers and meltas.

on the Homing Beacon front, i would say it ws much more acceptable to allow any unit on your side to use them. Marines would coordinate their assaults to maximis the chances of success, so its not a ridiculous situation. i would say hwoever that your opponent could do something similar, for instance the KFF on a big mek could shield anything on his side. likewise the venomthrope (or whatever it is) that puffs out toxic smoke to cover nearby units would be able to affect any friendly unit on his side.

I agree regarding the TL MM/Flmr/TH, read it somewhere in another thread and had to ask. Though it does not seem right, if I read it correctly if I took it I would loose my Belial/Sammi bonuses, since I'm fielding only DW/RW as Troops that would be bad.

As far as the Homing Beacons it's a possibility that my partner and I will have to discuss the pro's and con's.

Thanks

The strict wording on Locator Beacons allows the enemy to use them, let alone your allies. Is the DA version worded the same?

I'll have to check on that, thanks for the heads up. BTW, how many teliporting units do Orks have?

This being apoc I really think the best way to handle these situations is to hash it out with your group so that everyone is on the same page. I know that some people enjoy a "by the books" apoc game while others a much more cavalier and let the rule of cool take the day.

Delving into the tomes of C:DA, pg 27 & C:SM, pg 101 both sets are written identically with one exception, yep you knew their had to be one. In C:DA it's Dark Angel Cruisers, in C:SM it's Space Marine Strike Cruisers. Other than that it simply states the Cruiser locks onto the Teleport Homer to deploy TDA.

As RAW goes it could be argued that they could be shared, in the 40K FAQ it states that you "can not benefit from any rules or wargear in your opponents army" hmm, I think we might/should not, no way of telling what can of worms it would open.

The rules generaly dont take into acount games with more than two people however

If you are using seperate codex, then you are both different armies, and Vulcans bonuses most definatly will not effect you anymore than it would if you were playing tyranids or eldar. In general any benifits from wargear will not effect anyone but you, unless they specify otherwise, I am fairly certain its in a FAQ somewere when it was brought up that that enemies could technicly use your beacons/homers as they simply said units instead of freindly units. But again the rules were not made with multiple people in mind, and as this IS appoc (which is far more permisive than standard) what I suggest is you talk with your OPPONENT and ask weither or not your partners wargear can benifit you and vice versa. In the spirit of apocolypse he should say yes.

Archived