A Dedicated Question

Arnil

This may have been answered elsewhere but I couldn't find it so...

Can I take a Land Raider Redeemer as a Dedicated Transport for Tactical Terminators but teleport them in and put a Tactical Squad in the Land Raider Redeemer with it still counting as a Dedicated Transport?

I think not but I'm asking... If not...

Can I take a Land Raider Redeemer as a Dedicated Transport for Tactical Terminators but teleport them in and field the LAnd Raider Redeemer as an empty transport?

What are Tactical Terminators? I assume you mean the standard shooty ones. Yes you can take a Redeemer as a Dedicated for Termies. The only restriction is that they are the only ones who can be deployed in it. So if you want to put a Tac squad in it they have to jump in on turn one.

To answer your other question, once dedicated, always dedicated. The Redeemer won't change "status" because you didn't deploy the Termies in them. It will still count as a Dedicated transport for an Elites choice.

Acebaur hit it on the head.

Dedicated Transport for Elites choice means it's an Elites choice for the game that doesn't take up an Elites slot in your Force Org chart.

Only the unit to which the transport is dedicated may deploy embarked in it.

Certainly you can take the LR and choose to instead deploy the termies via Deep Strike.

Certainly a tactical squad may hide behind said LR then embark into it on your first turn.

Aye, good decision to do if you have alot of heavy choices and still want that landraider, or if you are running lone wolves and want them to hitch a ride in a longfang's razorback -_-

Yeah i want to Outflank two Redeemers into the enemy lines. Chaos Space Marines! And i have a Tactical(yes the shooty ones) and Assault Terminator squads. I was thinking The Assault termies pop out after a full run into the enemy and assault while i deep strike the Tac termies near by for heavy weaponed cover fire. Then Tooled up Vanguards Save the day! Killing CSM and Daemonettes IN ASSAULT! My friend didn't think it possible cause typically his units kill my bikers easily in Close Combat!

--Edit: I am running Kor'sarro Khan so that explains the outflanking

Think that this would let the vehicles outflank (if they were dedicated transports of squads that could outflank), but the only squad a dedicated transport can hold when coming in from reserves is the squad it was picked for.

Yep, you could outflank it, but nothing but an IC could go in it... so scoring is basicly out the window.

That being said, question answered and this is not the place for tactics threads. Thats just below us, oddly enough in Tactica Astartes. Feel free to open a thread there.

Archived