4 rules needing clearing up on.

I was playing Imperial Guard vs. Orks last night and need some help with 4 rules. I typically play Space Wolves, so forgive me. :P

1) When firing an artillary piece like a Medusa, do you need line of sight to fire it? I'm 99% sure that I can still fire a thing like this without line of sight, but I couldn't find the exact passage from the book for this rule.

2) Can a vehicle move at combat speed and still fire an Ordance weapon?

3) When being tanked shocked and you have half of your squad on one side of the of the vehicle (after passing the morale check), and half beneath it, do i consolidate it toward the half no underneath the vehicle and maintain choerency, or do I split them?

4) When firing into a building and intending to hit a squad but deviates into hitting the building (ruin in this case), do I roll to see if it comes down? And if it comes down, does the squad inside take damage?

Thanks a LOT ahead of time.

I don't know IG really (at all) but I do have a good grip on the rules, so maybe I can help you come to the proper conclusions. =)

1) When firing an artillary piece like a Medusa, do you need line of sight to fire it? I'm 99% sure that I can still fire a thing like this without line of sight, but I couldn't find the exact passage from the book for this rule.

If a weapon's profile has either the terms "Guess" or "Guess Range" (often expressed as Gn", where n" is the range) or "Barrage" then you do not need LOS to fire it. There are a few catches to this.

- You don't get to subtract the vehicle's BS from the scatter.

- If you fire an Ordanance Barrage weapon without LOS you may neither move nor shoot any other weapon in that same turn.

If you do have LOS, then neither of these restrictions apply.

2) Can a vehicle move at combat speed and still fire an Ordance weapon?

Yes.

3) When being tanked shocked and you have half of your squad on one side of the of the vehicle (after passing the morale check), and half beneath it, do i consolidate it toward the half no underneath the vehicle and maintain choerency, or do I split them?

Maintain coherency. =) The rule says they need only step to the side; no reason to split them then, unless due to crowding or terrain you just can't do anything else.

4) When firing into a building and intending to hit a squad but deviates into hitting the building (ruin in this case), do I roll to see if it comes down? And if it comes down, does the squad inside take damage?

Ruins do not take damage, per se; they are already Buildings that have suffered a "Wrecked" result.

If you classify the terrain piece as a "Building" then it works like a transport (that can't move) and has fire points which you need to predetermine and an AV for it (typically 11-12, but if it's a hardened bunker 14...which is what Melta Bombs are for). If it's a building then it works just like a transport that can't move. That is, only one unit can embark into it (unless stated otherwise) and it can be popped with a Destroyed Result (either a Wrecked or Explodes). Either of which turn the building into a Ruin, and the latter (explodes) can hurt the models embarked within, just like a transport.

Hope that helps!

with regards to no. 4. i assume you are refering to ruins as opposed to buildings (buildings basically being solid like bunkerrs etc). if you do mean ruins then no, the shot doesn't scatter down. i play alot of city fight and im pretty confident the BRB copied and pasted the majority of rules for dealing with ruins.

basically you pick your target unit, you also pick the floor you are targetting. whether the shot scatters or not, it will onl affect models on that floor and no others.

@Thade- Thanks a lot for the clarification. It helps me a lot to better understand the strength and weaknesses of Imp. Guard. Needless to say, I am worlds better at Space Wolves than Imp. guard. But it does make it fun.

@Ashe- Thanks for that also. That would have been my extra question but you read my mind.

@Stinkinhiem- Thanks also for helping me on that. I only have two buildings right now and both are ruins. But in the future, I plan on moving onto Cities of Death or something like that.

Archived