Which head to use?

I got my Korvydae model in the post today but can't decide whether I like the robocop face or not. It looks cool and was designed for the model so fits best but also wanted to try a couple of other heads just to see what they were like. I kind of like the third one with the breather mask because he has no helmet and I quite like my models to be fluffy in that they wouldn't go to war without some kind of breathing equipment.

http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo73/CallumM27/Raven%20Guard/18052010172.jpg

http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo73/CallumM27/Raven%20Guard/18052010171.jpg

http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo73/CallumM27/Raven%20Guard/18052010170.jpg

Just wondering what other peoples opinions were?

Cheers

I must be one of the few gamers who hate that respirator head, i cant stand it.

A beakie helm would look awesome.

Shame you cant get Lysander's head separate - it would be ideal

Wow the beakie head just doesn't look right and on a RG model that is weird. Of the options 1 looks the best so far. The respirator just doesn't feel right..... The one off the commander box set may look better but I agree the lyasander head would look awesome or even the commander cullin head from FW red scorpions might look good.

For me it has to be the third head. That pose coupled with the expression on that face just screams "I hate you and everything you stand for!".

If you go for the beak helmet make sure you snazz it up somewhat as it's a little plain for a captain. Maybe greenstuff an aquila or raven skeleton on the forehead, or some just a skull or laurel. Either way it needs to do him justice as he should be the focus of your force.

JG

Definitely not the second of third, the default head looks good but that's probably just because it was made for it, try carving a beak into the beakie that might spice it up a bit. Or you can use the Dark Angel Beakie because that looks sort of like Shrike's its got a sculpted aquila on it. Shryke's head would probably suit it but I don't think you would buy Shryke just for his head but you can get the D.A head on a bits site though. Either way Korvdae is an awesome model can't wait to get mine! :)

If you want to use a respirator head try the chaos head from the vehicle sprue if you have any, it looks really hacked off!!! have used on my templars and they work really well especially on assault marines and older armour marks!!! otherwise the default head works best out of the four!!!!

Do you have any of the other FW Raven Guard Corvus helmets? (Beakies)

Those might look really nice, I personally like the Corvus one you have currently.

either the default head, because it is simply a beautiful sculpt and it looks fierce, or the beakie helmet, especially if you spice it up with some GS. the other two heads don't fit at all.

BTW; could you tell me wether or not the shoulder pads are separate from the arms? would help alot :)

either the default head, because it is simply a beautiful sculpt and it looks fierce, or the beakie helmet, especially if you spice it up with some GS. the other two heads don't fit at all.

BTW; could you tell me wether or not the shoulder pads are separate from the arms? would help alot :woot:

I think I'll just use the head provided as it is a great sculpt and it'll make him look different from the rest of the army. The pads are already sculpted onto the arms which come in two parts, the hammer and right arm and left hand already attached and the left arm comes seperate.

Archived