Swords of Dawn

Ashua

Like the color scheme well enough, hate the name.

First off congrats for the colour scheme and the painted model. It looks really good.

As for the name, it's OK IMO, but sounds like 'Swords of Dorn', as in the Primarch. It's a tad bit confusing especially since they seem to be a successor of the Dark Angels.

To be fair it’s a long story (I am think of changing the name to dawn blades)

In brief

They are a successor chapter of the lost 2ed legion

My concept is that the second legion was named the Storm Angels and lead by the

Primark Uriel Rathen. He was discovered late in the great crusade and by Horus not the emperor directly

He and his legion were deployed to the far eastern fringe and he began to see the Emperor as doing nothing. When Horus rebelled the Storm Angels joined against the Empire, However when Uriel realised the full existent of what Horus had become he and his legion attempted to switch sides .

Horus had anticipated this however and had given Uriel a daemon weapon known as Kath-ma-den, when doubt crept into Uriel’s hart the weapon attempted to consume his soul, it was unsuccessful but it did weaken him engulf for one of his legion to take the blade and wound the Primark. Uriel survived but was too weak to lead his legion in the short term

The Legion descended into a bitter civil war but the loyalists prevailed in the end as Uriel regained some of his strength. The Storm Angels set out to help in the siege of tetra but arrived too late to help.

In the aftermath the emperor was reluctant to kill the repent Uriel so he banished he and his legion to the far eastern fringe. At this time Uriel wound began to worsen and so he split his legion into 7 chapter which called themselves collectively the angels repentant and pledged no never retain to imperial space until the last days of the Empire

The dawn blades were one of these chapters

Plz forgive the bad spelling

http://i46.tinypic.com/2zemtcw.jpg

The Primarchs were either dead, lost or hadn't been found by the time of the Heresy.

Nice plot though. Maybe change it to a Chapter Master who becomes corrupted by a daemon weapon and attacks a fellow chapter?

To the best on knowledge there is no 40k cannon as such, also GW left two of the Primarchs unknown so fans can invent stuff

Throw in fairness I haven’t read the heresy novels so maybe more has been said I know that in one of them Horus look into one of the pods and remarks about untold glories that will never be

BecauIt just seems like a cheap way to do something. Hell, even the DIY guide say to leave them alone. It feels like a way to force your marines to be special, which is a little boring.

So long as the person who's idea it is happens to be happy with the idea and concepts surely that is all that matters? I doubt Ashua is here to please us, they are doing this project for themselves. ;)

I like the painting, dark colours can be tricky.

I can get Thraxen point though. By sharing it, there is some sort of interest in validation of creativity. At the same time, I'm all for "whatever works" and creativity should never be stifled in any way (unless illegal .. and I mean for real illegal :P ).

Ashua, do what you as long as you enjoy it.

And more picks of painted stuff. The story goes in Liber, the models go here :)

Also as a response to Thraxen i just what to say that its no cheap or boring to base something of the lost legions it just means you have to do more work

You have to invent loads of stuff not least of which is 11-10,000 years of back story. I did not do this to force my marines to be special I did not what to do Ultra mares successors 59201 or whatever

In the end which is more original a stranded Successor chapter or one in which all the background is new. also just to note the back ground I posted is a very conceded version

Games workshop also said there is no 40k Canon many of the books and sauces contradict each other

All so they are not directly part of the second founding

huh? they are part of a founding or not? >>

though; i just don't like the idea of descending from one of the lost Primarches. just say they don't know their root then...

edit: sorry; misread; thought it said 2nd founding; instead of 2nd primarch xD

The legion was exiled then spilt into chapters as their Primarch began to die and was placed in stasis’s (dead as of the 41 millennium but that a long story related to a 6 month campaign my gaming group ran) they split because they saw the wisdom in the Codex Astartes and so divided the legion into 7 chapters

The legion was exiled then spilt into chapters as their Primarch began to die and was placed in stasis’s (dead as of the 41 millennium but that a long story related to a 6 month campaign my gaming group ran) they split because they saw the wisdom in the Codex Astartes and so divided the legion into 7 chapters

but; exiled? why would the emperor exile a whole legion?

i guess he just added them to the other legions; but ok.....

and: if he died in statis etc.; i think we would know somehow.....

buut; your ideas

The Primarch did not die in stasis like I said it’s a long

And they were exiled because they had been traitors and at the end of the war the Emperor was no entity certain that their charge of hart was sincere but did not what to order their destruction as it would lead to another war which the weakened Imperialum could not endure

The exile was primarily so the legion could purge the traitors within its self and hopefully return later

The legion resided its vows to Horus and rejoined the Emperors side but with their Primark out of the picture it was not totally clear cut.

The Legion descended into a civil war from which the loyalist won but there were still marries who couldn’t believe Horus was a traitor and so resented the orders

Uriel had always held Robus Giliman in high esteem and so when he wrote the Codex that adopted it for the most part (The legion master saw the wisdom in splitting the legion)

Archived