Caboose - Fluff story around my chaos army

caboosebe

Hello all.

I've seen some pretty good fluff stories here, so i wanted to give it a try myself.

The intro still has to be writen, but it comes down that the Oberonn-system never delt with Chaos before.

There are still things that need will be updated, like typos and putting the name of the Crusade somewhere in the story.

Below the story will be a very short explination how i came up with that story.

I just would like for people who want to read it (have time, feel like doing it) To give a quick comment (good or bad) on it. This will more be like a test if it is worth it to keep working on the story or if it's a waste of time.

Thank you for your patience and help

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intro story [write it]

A small freighter dropped out of Warp space, the energy of the Dark Gods still cracking on its hull.

‘Status report’ said a heavy voice.

The giant figure in terminator armor stood unmoving behind the servitors, who since long became part of the ship. He had since long cast off his name, forgotten. His Legion called him “The Nameless One” and said it as a mockery. Only his own men said it with respect. As chosen leader of the 21st division of the Black Legion, he hadn’t known many battles where he was in command himself. He was mocked and spit upon, even within his own legion, for he had a different mindset.

He did not see the need of actively killing other chaos legions. It was a waste, an illusion that it was the will of the Dark Gods themselves that the death kept coming. He pleaded for a united front of Chaos, an unstoppable force that would rage the galaxy. There would be so much more sacrifices for Gods then there was now. And he could feel the Dark Gods in him, so how could he be so wrong as the Gods themselves stayed with him.

He would have been killed for such thoughts if it wasn’t that Abaddon himself needed him. Openly Abaddon despised him. But it wasn’t for long that Abaddon needed him, for The Nameless-One was a strategic mastermind, one that hasn’t seen the daylight since the great Horus himself.

Of course Abaddon said it were all his idea’s, and The Nameless-One couldn’t care less. He felt nor pride when his strategy won yet another battle, nor did he fell rage when Abaddon didn’t give him the honor he deserved. The Dark Gods did not give him any of these feelings, so it must clearly mean that it was a necessary thing to do… for now

‘Ship being target’ said a monotone voice of a servitor. ‘Bearings 5, 0, 1’

The lord looked at the holo-screen at the design of the ship that targetted them. It was clearly a design made by the Iron Warriors, but I bore different markings.

‘Where did it come from?’ Ask the lord coldly.

‘Dropped out of Warp space 3.05 seconds ago.’

‘Hail it.’

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A bulky face filled the holo-screen. Cold blue eyes, somehow a bit illuminated by the dark grind on the face of the man.

‘You are far away from your master, dog, I will delight in your pleads to life’

‘I will not be pleading for my life, nor do I feel that I need the help from my master to deal with you, what is your name?’

The grin dropped from the Traitor Astartes face. ‘You dare speak back, and have the guts to ask for my name? I am Drogan, Chosen Champion and Leader of this Steel Brethren warband. I have given you the honor of giving me your name, so you can know who killed you.

‘Now that, would be very unwise’ said the Lord without any change in his cold voice ‘I do not underestimate your firepower or capability to destroy me, but you would suffer heavy losses as well, and that would not be in your best interest, or mine, not if what we want is the same.

Drogans eyes narrowed. ‘Who are you?’

‘I have no name, but they call me the Nameless One’

‘I’ve never heard of you’

‘That doesn’t surprise me’

‘What is this ‘interest’ you are talking about’

‘We both discovered a system, not known to the forces of Chaos, so probably, untainted by our touch. If we were to engage each other in space combat, none of us will get out there without heavy losses. We would report back to our legion, they would come here and conquer this system in their own name. What honor and glory is there to gain in that?’

Drogans eyes narrowed even further. ‘What do you propose?’

The Nameless One opened his arms, as if in a brotherly welcome and a dark smile covered his face.

‘An alliance’

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The giant form of Drogan filled the room. He, like the lord, was wearing terminator armor, but still he was bigger then the lord, his terminator armor clearly being modified to cover his bulky form.

‘You have my attention, pup, so speak’. Drogan still felt this was a trap, but this Nameless One, or whatever they called him got his interest.

He brought 10 of his best troops with him, and they too were covered in terminator armor. His whole ship was a warband of terminators.

The lord stood silently before the viewport. His hands behind his back. ‘Us, both, finding this system wasn’t a coincidence, it was the will of the Dark Gods.

‘Are you a sorcerer?’ asked Drogan, knowing full well that the Black Legion liked to keep them in their ranks.

‘No, I am not, nor will I ever will be. But I do feel the will of the Dark Gods in me, and hear their voices.’

‘Enough of the trickery, get to the point’ snarled Drogan.

‘As I stated before, my friend, we should …’

‘ I am not your friend, dog, and I don’t have to do anything. I will only do it if it is in my interest of doing it.’

‘Of course.’ Said the Nameless-One while inclining his head slightly. ‘ As I stated before, my lord, It may be in your interest of forming an alliance with this division of the Black Legion. This system is untainted by Chaos, so it is a feasting ground, just ripe for the picking. If we fight each other, then we will have to limp back to our masters, and they will get the kill themselves. But if we join forces and invade this system ourselves, we can create a Cry of Chaos, felt by every other brother of the Dark Gods, and it will be us who led them here, not our masters. Then other legions will follow, creating a grand war, readying itself to invade Terra itself’

Drogans eyes widened in surprise. ‘You want to create a Crusade?’

‘Yes, my lord,’ said the Nameless-One ‘that is exactly what I have in mind’

After a few weeks of preparation at the edge of the system, the alliance of the Steel Brethren warband and 21st Black Legion send 2 small scouting parties to 2 planets.

On the first, a mining-planet called Kranius, the scouting party was completely destroyed by an Imperial Guard regiment consisting of heavy mechs. The second, a lust green forest world, Trogus, faired better, the Imperial Guardmen posted there, great in numbers but few in heavy weapons. They were all destroyed in sacrifice for the Dark Gods.

The Nameless-One standing on the bridge, over viewing the battle reports of the past few days, when he heard the heavy footsteps of a terminator storming at him.

‘I lost 10 of my best men on that accursed Kranius, is this how you want to create a crusade? By slaughtering my men?’

‘My dear lord, it were scouting parties, created for the sole purpose of estimating the forces staged here in the Oberonn-System’. And thanks to those 2 planets, we now know that the Imperium here has a heavier mech force then man force.’

‘How so?’ Asked Drogan wearily

‘They defend their mining worlds with greater force, then their agricultural worlds. Meaning that they need the steel produced there to maintain their mechs, more then they need the food to keep their army going.

‘Couldn’t you have find that out in some other way?’ Raged Drogan ‘We lost men down there, and we can’t afford to spare some’

‘Don’t worry, my lord, we have a fresh company joining our goal’

‘What do you mean?’

Drogan wasn’t finished or the doors hissed opend

A hooded Astart came in. Like any Astart, he was muscular, big and fast, a real killing machine. But this one was different. You could see the Dark energies of the Nether swirling around him.

‘The one you asked for is here my Lord’ whispered the man, his voice weird, as if he was not entirely on this plain of existence.

‘Nihilus, for the last time, you are not part of the 21st, and I am not your lord, so stop calling me that’

‘As you wish, my lord’ said Nihilus with a bow.

He moved aside, and 3 figures entered the doorway, their eyes glowing in the dark, like a wild animal. Large fangs came out of their mouths and long, brown-grey wild hair covered their heads.

‘You broth the damn sons of Leman Russ on this ship?!’ Shouted Drogan while leveling his bolter attached to his armor to the head of the Nameless-One. ‘I should kill you right now and hang your entrails outside the ship so the harpies can feed on them.’

‘You shall do no such thing, you Chaos filth’ Snarled the Space Wolf who was at front of the 2 others. ‘I shall slaughter you for even speaking the name of my Primarch out of your rotten mouth, but not before I have the pleasure of ripping the skull out of this one!’ Pointing at the Nameless-One.

‘Now now,’ Said the Nameless-One, not giving away a hint of discomfort. ‘we both know you are not here for that reason.’

The space wolf hesitated for a slight moment, the his eyes burned with rage. ‘Don’t lecture me, Traitor, I will kill you where you stand!’ The Space Wolf drew his Chainsword and cried out in fury, but he didn’t attack.

The Nameless-One turned his back and slowly walked to the viewport . ‘Tell me, captain Wulfenfang, for that is your name, do you know who we are?’

‘I’ve never dealt with you, but I damn know who you are. You are the great betrayer, the Chaos filth that betrayed their oaths to the Emperor.’

‘Oh no, my dear captain, it was us who were betrayed by the Corpse-Emperor, don’t you feel the same?’

‘He left us here in the middle of nowhere, on some forsaken backwater planet. At the front side of the system, the Greenskins and the Tyranids are swarming our worlds. And all we get is staying on this damn planet, with no glory or honor to get. Even our commander has left us to rot, the damn bast…’

The eyes of the captain widened. ‘You tricked my!’ he shouted.

The Nameless-One turned back to the captain. ‘you’ve heard him, didn’t you’ he whispered in a dark voice.

Somehow, the captain showed signs of fear, fear that not even an Astart should know. ‘I don’t know what you are talking about’

‘Come now my dear captain, didn’t you notice that you said to me? Don’t you space marines speak of the GOD-Emperor instead of just the Emperor?’

Wulfenfang said nothing, he just looked into the eyes of the Nameless-One.

‘And judging by the looks of your brothers, they too heard it. It was Khorne, the might God of carnage. Did he not promise you glory in battle? Did he not promise you the power you would get, if only you would kill in his name?

‘Power?’ whispered the Space Wolf Captain, his eyes fixed beyond the Nameless –One

‘Yes, power, my good captain. Did your commander ever tell you that some of your brothers have already joined us? The Skyrar’s Dark Wolves saw the errors of their ways and joined us. So how can we be wrong, if your own geneseed brothers saw the truth? I can teach you how to listen to a true God. Become my Khorne berzekers captain, and great glory and slaughter awaits you!’

‘We can finally kill?’ the captain asked, entranced by the words of the Nameless-One.

‘As much as you wish, captain’

The captain looked out of the viewport to the planets of the system. Then he snapped out of the trance and looked furious to the Nameless-One.

‘You shall learn us how to listen to this voice, but I will not follow you, my brothers and I will have our own glory.

No sooner had the door slid shut behind the 3 men, or Nihilus, who had been silent during the entire encounter, turned to the Nameless-One. ‘I shall begin the ‘turning’ immediately, my lord.’

The Nameless-One sighed, not in the mood to discuss the whole rank-system anew, he just nodded.

Nihilus left, and Drogan turned to face the Nameless-One. ‘How did you find them?’

‘It was the mighty Khorne who felt their rage, I only introduced them. And now they can voice that rage, and bring offerings to the Skullthrone. ‘

‘And how did you know they would turn?’

‘Do you know of the wolfs of Feralis, my lord? When a pack is left behind by their alpha-leader, they don’t have a purpose. They become savage and wild and rage is all they know.’

‘And how do you know they will follow you and not just turn on us?’

For the first time during the conversation, the Nameless-One looked at the Champion of the Steel Brethren, his eyes cold but calculated. ‘As long as they see me as the Alpha-leader of the pack, the one who can give them their fill of carnage, they will not.’

Drogan felt a shill down his spine. This was a very dangerous man indeed.

Real life situation:

Club-house name: Oberonn

I'm the only Chaos player

Just started, so my HQ is a nameless Chaos Terminator Lord

Friend bought me a Sorcerer aswel

Main legion Collors: Black Legion

terminator collors: steel brethren

fought my first 2 battles against IG. First was a big loss again heavy mech-list, second was a good win against gunline (few heavy, lots of models)

just bought myself an spacewolves army who have been gathering dust (the abandoned by commander part) And want to repaint and corrupt them into bersekers

Seeing that nobody replies, i assume that the story isn't so interesting. So i think it is best that i'll just leave it be :D

Thanks anyway for those that have taking the trouble of reading it

Thank you, still some spelling problems I see here and there.

Still, don't know if it's a good idea to keep posting updates? Appreciate your comment tho :D thanks. But think I'm not as good as the other fluff-writers on the board seeing only you commented :lol: Thanks anyway :P

Archived