Furioso Librarian vs Pariahs

thade

The Furioso Librarian counts as Ld 10 "for all psychic purposes"...could not possibly be more vague.

Necron Pariahs have Soulless (models within 6" are Ld 7) and Psychic Abomination (psykers within 6" take morale check or fall back).

The Furioso Libby is a Dreadnought; vehicles never take Morale checks (per BRB) and as Soulless doesn't have the words "psyker" or "psychic" anywhere in it, I think it's clear he won't be affected by it. Psychic Abomination is less clear...again, vehicles never have to take morale checks per BRB...*however* this is a "psychic purpose", no? I'm stumped.

Necron Codex update, pls. =(

I think, in this case, the following happens:

1. The dreadnought only has a "psychic" leadership of 10, not a standard Ld you might say. However, being a Leadership value nonetheless, I feel it's affected by Soulless, thus making it 7 instead of 10.

2. The BRB says "Vehicles never take Morale checks for any reason." I feel it's very cut and dry. No check for the dreadnought.

I think, in this case, the following happens:

1. The dreadnought only has a "psychic" leadership of 10, not a standard Ld you might say. However, being a Leadership value nonetheless, I feel it's affected by Soulless, thus making it 7 instead of 10.

2. The BRB says "Vehicles never take Morale checks for any reason." I feel it's very cut and dry. No check for the dreadnought.

agreed on all counts.

theres nothing preventing the dread from having its Ld lowered by units with the 'souless' rule, but there are rules preventing him from taking Morale tests.

Archived