Chaos Tattoos

I'm not sure if this belongs here but here it goes...

I know a lot of people have gotten 40k and Fantasy tattoos done over the years and I've seen some sweet ones. I was thinking of getting a liegon badge done on my left shoulder along with the number. I was just wondering if anyone else had done this with good results?

That my friend depends on the skill of the artist performing the tattooing! Theres some guy on this forum with a bloodangels one and it looks sweet but you cant tell how big it is on his body part? lol With tattoos bro you get what you pay for and its something you will have to live with so dont go cheap! sacrifice an army if you must!

That my friend depends on the skill of the artist performing the tattooing! Theres some guy on this forum with a bloodangels one and it looks sweet but you cant tell how big it is on his body part? lol With tattoos bro you get what you pay for and its something you will have to live with so dont go cheap! sacrifice an army if you must!

Thanks I know that is common sense but some people don't think about it. The guy I'd be going to I've gone to before and my fiancee has been to a lot of times. I've gotten it done before and this guy did our couple tattoo after the engagement. We are both itching to get another and she has suggested a Mjöllnir on my shoulder but I thought that a liegon shoulder badge with the liegon number under it might be cool. I'm also trying to find the symbol I'm looking for the ink so its been decided just wondering some opinions on the topic. That is all. Thanks for the pointers though.

if done right and it can pass as some random cool art I would see no problem with it, but if it is too specific be ready for a lifetime of "what is that thing on your arm?" "Um, you ever heard of a tabletop wargame called Warhammer 40K? Well there is this one imaginary army with imaginary units that specialize in imaginary assaults, ya this is the unit badge for that" *met with blank stare* "Ohhh, ok, thats nice".

I have seen a full back piece that was from WHFB that looked really amazing and no one but fans would know it was anything other than badass fantasy art.

I think the Chaos legion badges fall into the category of just looking plain cool to outsiders. Word Bearers, Black Legion, Night Lords, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion, etc.

Might avoid Emperor's Children, though...

Still I concur with picking one that could pass for non-40k related. I have seen the 8 pointed star in lots of stuff, for example.

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a445/mabbon/tattoos/hotovo.jpg

I collect pictures of 40k tattoos..

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a445/mabbon/tattoos/BloodPactTattoo.jpg

Thats dave taylors one.

I think its bonkers (I have no tatts) but for you I uploaded every pic of a 40k tattoo I've found.. except the chaos warrior one on some guys back everyones seen.

http://s1036.photobucket.com/albums/a445/mabbon/tattoos/ heres the link.

As you can see I haven't seen a word bearer tat ever.

Dude I say go nuts, there are so many cool graphics that you can choose from that will look sick :)

Just take a photo of your arm and superimpose the various graphics on the spot you want, you can check how big you want it and where exactly.

Update us on this bro...

unless you plan to die before being 30 and not getting any good job , getting a tatoo is really a very very bad idea . I understand army tatoos or when your a drive and get your blood type done , but something like that means you will run at the office in a long shirt for the rest of your life.

unless you plan to die before being 30 and not getting any good job , getting a tatoo is really a very very bad idea . I understand army tatoos or when your a drive and get your blood type done , but something like that means you will run at the office in a long shirt for the rest of your life.

This is so surprising. Jeske, you rarely offer your opinion -_- I have my whole entire upper back done and I am a working professional. I plan on getting my shoulders and upper arms as well. Oh, I'm almost 31 as well. You can have tattoos and still have good jobs.

I say go for it. I have been playing 40k for over 15 years. I just need to figure out how to incorporate it into my next tattoo.

As a very tattooed person (something like sixty+ tattoos; I lost count a long time ago) I recommend two things: don't get tattoos that you can't invent alternate explanations for when someone inevitably asks you about something you'd rather not talk about, and don't get tattoos in places that you can't cover up with clothing under normal conditions. I say this as a person who has tattoos on my neck and hands and who is really, really over the desire to discuss them with the random people who stop me at least once a week to comment on them. I'm looking into removal for those, but am otherwise indifferent to the tattoos I have in all the other areas of my body. Which is just about everywhere. That being said I'd kind of like to have the Chaos arrows somewhere on me.

I LOVE the blacklight skeleton tattoo. I have a blacklight tattoo of a snake that glows neon green in black light but you can see it in daylight as well. A tattoo that is invisible in daylight but looks like a skeleton in blacklight is amazing!

I work in the financial sector... I have tattoos. I have co-workers that are the same. It is really really simple. Don't get them on your lower arms, neck, head, etc.

Once you have a tattoo on your head 75% of jobs won't hire you and the 25% that are left aren't the highest paying. Make that 99% is it is a swastika. Lower arms, wrists, visible tattoos... 50%+ jobs will not hire you, and you can still get a job that pays decent but I wouldn't plan on a lot of career growth.

As a very tattooed person (something like sixty+ tattoos; I lost count a long time ago) I recommend two things: don't get tattoos that you can't invent alternate explanations for when someone inevitably asks you about something you'd rather not talk about, and don't get tattoos in places that you can't cover up with clothing under normal conditions.

I agree. I wanted a tattoo that stood for something. What I was going to get... probably stupid. Instead I got a small green snake on my shoulder, the person it is meant to remind me of gave me a small green snake made out of beads once. To me, and the people that know that snake means something very important. To other people... its a green snake that glows under a blacklight. And since I also own a snake I just tell people its because I own a snake and I avoid the conversation I didn't want to have with a stranger. So dual meaning can be very very useful. Think really hard before getting a tattoo.

I work for a certain Swedish furniture company, have to wear short sleeve shirts showing a tattoo of "The Wolf that Stalks Between the Stars" (Or Leman Russ' personal heraldry) on my right inner arm.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/PLUM_ANIMEFANZINE/Image076.jpg

I'm 35 and no one bats an eyelid (or at least no comments) I've been wanting to have the 8 pointed star tattoo (or a variation where the symbols of all 4 Chaos Deities are at one of the points and their main enemy on the other point eg Slaanesh opposite Khorne, Nurgle opposite Tzeentch) for some time.....just can't afford it at the moment :devil:

Thanks for the link those do help a lot. I realise that I need to put it somewhere that can be hidden and be able to make it look nice too. I am just looking to do something that would look good but not do the straight up 8 pointed star. The star of chaos has a few actual meanings outside the hobby and that might get a tad sticky there. That is my one qualm. I am still looking for the image I want so this isn't a sure thing and my fiancee is encouraging me to get it too so who knows, but I'll keep everyone somewhat updated.

I have alot of tattoos and I work at a tattoo shop and am also a store manager in retail. I have never had any proplems personally at any of my jobs for having tattoos on my arms. Now i dont go below my wrists or neck line but even then I wear short sleeves at both job's not just the tattoo shop. I also see people from every wake of life getting all kinds of tattoos in all sorts of locations. I have to say that yes there are still some jobs that require you to not have tattoos but these are growning less and less especially if you can cover them up with long sleeve work shirts or you wear a suite and tie. The older generation is becomeing one that was raised around tattoos and they are becomeing more and more abundant.

I would not worry about it so much. just focus on getting something you really like with a artist you really connect with and you will end up with something you will love for life.

I have also been thinking of getting the iron warriors skull someplace. I play iron warriors all the time there my fav army and as a added bonus the skull just looks like a really cool long skull so for those that arnt nerds so if i dont feel like talking about it i dont have too. Also at this point i have so many tattoos i dont really get asked about them indavidually anymore. I just get alot of o man those are really well done ect ect....

-Thousandsons

I have also been thinking of getting the iron warriors skull someplace. I play iron warriors all the time there my fav army and as a added bonus the skull just looks like a really cool long skull so for those that arnt nerds so if i dont feel like talking about it i dont have too. Also at this point i have so many tattoos i dont really get asked about them indavidually anymore. I just get alot of o man those are really well done ect ect....

Your the tattoo expert... at least compared to me. But I want the IW skull as well. If you get it please send me a pic. I would like to see how it looks and maybe get the inspiration to get mine done.

@ OP Glad it helped a little.

Id say if you want a white collar job you shouldn't have visible tats.

Other jobs are also pedantic about them like when I was a security guard the guys with tats were meant to have long selves..

Not that they listened.

Also happy to see people recognizing their tats in my link..

My father always told me "Go nuts with the tattoos but never get one a Judge can see." I am a motorcycle police officer and there are plenty of guys on the force that have tattoos but having one where the dirtbags can see it is a bad idea. It tells them way too much about you. Having a criminal know too much about you is a bad idea. Never get one on your neck or face. Put on a short sleeve shirt and don't get one below where the sleeve ends. I'm with the Jeske. Getting a big tattoo that is hard to cover limits your opportunities. Is it fair? No. Is it real life? Yes. I have both deltoid areas covered with ink and no one but my family and friends even know it. Mi dos centavos.

Your back is a large and private canvas! a vest will still hide it if you want to.

I'd avoid anything created and used by a corporate designer, but then I think anyone who wears a sports logo without being paid to do so has been suckered.

Find an awesome image that is related to your theme, but not exclusively tied to it. Your enthusiasm for chaotic sci-fi themes will probably last a lifetime; your enthusiasm for one gaming companies interpretation of it and a particular legion may not last beyond the next Codex release!

Oh, and roman numerals will make most people think it refers to a footballer or somesuch!

Just my 2p!

Archived