Kill Team Model Question

travh20

I had a question regarding the kill team rules found in the Battle Missions supplement. It says in the book that all models are considered separate units. How does that work? Let's say for one of the two troop choices I pick a tactical squad of space marines. Do I just buy upgrades for the squad as a whole as usual then deploy them individually? What if I want more then one melta gun, can I buy individual marines armed with melta guns? Normally a 10 man tactical SM squad can only have one special weapon. if I want to have multiple melta guns do I have to go with sterguard vets who have much more flexibility with weapons upgrades? Thanks.

Do I just buy upgrades for the squad as a whole as usual then deploy them individually?
This is it. You buy it as normal, then deploy all singly. If you want more weapons, you have to get more squads, as usual.

They move and function as individual units... kind of like IG infantry platoons, or death cult assassins.

The unit still has to be legal before deployment though.

you purchase units in the exact same fashion you would for a standard 40k game. Therfore you must abide by minimum squad size, weapon limits, etc. For guard if you want vets you need the rest of the platoon too, once on the feild they are all their own individual guys, but untill then, no different than creating a regular list (well aside for low point total and altered FOC)

For guard if you want vets you need the rest of the platoon too
No you don't. Platoons and veteran squads are in seperate slots, like tactical and scout squads.

For guard if you want vets you need the rest of the platoon too
No you don't. Platoons and veteran squads are in seperate slots, like tactical and scout squads.

Aye, Seahawks right. Guard Veterans are a completely seperate unit.

But this has helped me too, I was bit unsure as to how they figured.

Damn well means I can't do my 4 man vanguard squad of doom.

Archived