Chosen of Abbadon

I imagined Zaraphiston as an undivided sorcerer.

I don't think ygethmor and zaraphiston are ever really chosen at the same time.they hate each other!

That being said, i think that Abbadon would have more than just four chosen. Falkus Kibre is most likely also a chosen.Although he isn't in this picture.

IMHO "Abbadon's lieutenants" might be a better title. Isn't his whole terminator body guard often referred to as his chosen?

No, these four are the official "chosen of Abaddon" basically one chosen for each God. They aren't really his bodyguards, they are actually warlords in their own right that are also loyal to Abaddon and follow him on his Black Crusades. A whole bunch of Officio Assassinorum agents have been sent after them, but it didn't end well (for the assassins).

Zaraphiston is a sorceror, I do believe his patron is Tzeentch.

He's mentioned a bit in the 'Gothic war" novels.

Altough I thought he went Missing after Ygethmor returned from the centre of the eye of terror with something called 'heart of darkness' ??

Zaraphiston said such a thing could never be achieved yet he did it.

Somewhere mentioned in fluff from the period of the "eye of terror' campaign a few years back

Abaddon and Zaraphiston go way back. He's been on Abby's side since 2nd Edition, I think.

The 'Chosen of Abaddon' were introduced in the 3.5 Codex, with Devram Korda and Ygethmor being mentioned by name. The latter was portrayed as Zaraphiston's rival until his demise during the Medusa V campaign.

Urkrathos is Ben Counter's creation. Unlike the original Chosen, he's actually Undivided. Guess that makes him a fifth member.

Zaraphiston took his place. Also, the Khorne chosen may or may not be Kossolax the Forsworn, a fine chap that likes long walks on the beach and impaling Blood Angels.

I was under the impression that Ygethmor is dead (see the Medusa World Wide Campaign) - Chaos lost badly and he was abandoned on a dying/soon to be destroyed world.

He was beheaded by Autarch Elarique Swiftblade of Alaitoc. She was cut down instantly afterwards. If you really wondered.

Archived