Death Leaper vs...

Morticon

and i think your missng the second word in the phrase 'special characters'

Stink, how am I missing 'character'? I am saying that 'unique' has nothing explict by itself with 'character.' Unique means you can have only 1 in the army--that is how unique works. I think you missed my point, because it seems your point is that Unique, IN ADDITION to the rules listed under Unique, also adds the moniker 'special character,' but only when you dont look at the Unique rules and instead look at the special character rules that never directly equate the 2.

the only requirement for being a special character is that it has to have the 'unique' rule, if you meet that then its a special character regardless of what unit type it is.

Where in the rulebook is that line? That has been, and will be, my point for this entire discussion. The rules thus far quoted do not in fact say that, or anything like that. If it was that clear, that special character directly = unique, then we wouldnt have this topic.

Can someone with an old codex look up some of the old named characters and see if they are labeled Special Characters directly? That would further note a distinction between the Unique rule and the Special Character rule.

Where are the rules for "Unique" found? Under the rules for special characters.

Special Characters can be either independant or upgrade characters, but each one of them is unique, so the player may not include multiple of the same special character in an army....

Unique ONLY applies to special characters. All it does is prevents you from having a second "special character" of the same name in the army. There is no ambiguity here- Unique is the rule that defines something as a "special character" just like "independant character" is the rule that defines independant characters.

Thats pretty cut and dry.

The problem here is that Mephiston is neither an IC or upgrade character as has been duly noted.

0b :D

It doesnt matter. Special Characters "can" be independant characters, and they "can" be upgrade characters, but in now case to do they "have" to be either.

What they do have to be is unique.

Archived