Size of the Vengeful Spirit

in flight of the eisentein i think it is mentioned at some point that its core is a small moon, and even small moons are HUGE!

Just big enough to make the enemies of Mankind wonder if Horus was compensating for something... :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

in flight of the eisentein i think it is mentioned at some point that its core is a small moon, and even small moons are HUGE!

Oddly enough moon sizes are a bit strange.

Earths moon is massive for the size of its parnet planet, and it is in the top 5 largest moons of the solar system.

Large moons of the gas giants rival the core planets in size and 2 of them are larger than Mercury

As for small moons the boundary between small moon and randomly captured piece of space junk is a bit blurred.

But safe to say a small moon would be at least 20Km across.

Abaddon the failure still uses her in his black crusades.

and is the core of his black legion fleet.

as discribe in the latsted night lords novel.. ( soul hunter )

but then again in soul hunter it was boarded by blood angels..

so hopefully it is blown up ;)

cheers

Uhh wouldn't the Planet Killer be the core of his fleet...consider its the planet killer, and stated as his flagship space vehicle of doom thingy.

Abaddon the failure still uses her in his black crusades.

and is the core of his black legion fleet.

as discribe in the latsted night lords novel.. ( soul hunter )

but then again in soul hunter it was boarded by blood angels..

so hopefully it is blown up :)

cheers

Uhh wouldn't the Planet Killer be the core of his fleet...consider its the planet killer, and stated as his flagship space vehicle of doom thingy.

Soul Hunter is set in between the Gothic War and the 13th Black Crusade. As such, I imagine that the Planet Killer was being rebuilt after its destruction in the Kharlos system by Battle Group Omega. It seems that, when he isn't aboard Planet Killer, he uses the Vengeful Spirit. Unless it transpires that the Blood Angels did indeed destroy it, which, given the circumstances at the end of Soul Hunter, seems likely.

As for the Phalanx vs Ulthwé, it was tasked with shadowing the craftworlds in the 1st Black Crusade. It was tied up by the Eldar long enough to force Rogal Dorn to sacrifice himself to cripple the Chaos fleet. It then returned and tore the Chaos fleet apart, and retrieved.

and retrieved what....a body, an eldar craftworld, a man named Sam, or Nosferatu. Ending a post with retrieved makes the mind work overtime.

Phalanx: Bigger than a Ramillies Star Fort....which are as everybody is saying HUGE. If your big enough to engage a craftworld in broadside combat....you are bigger than the Vengeful Spirit, though Spaceball 1 does seem to be a reasonable size for the ship. Now if only Horus had Ludicrous Speed to have gotten to Terra a lot faster.

and retrieved what....a body, an eldar craftworld, a man named Sam, or Nosferatu. Ending a post with retrieved makes the mind work overtime..

Typo. The body of Rogal Dorn and possibly their dead battle-brothers.

right so we have nearly established the size of the Phalanx and the spirt so how does the rock compare in scale to the two???????

Smaller than the Phalanx, Larger than the VS. Beyond that, I am not sure.

Id say it was about the same size as the Phalanx only cause its the core of a World after all.. Not that it really makes any sence.

It isn't the core of a world. Its a piece of Caliban's planetary crust, with the Fortress Monastery of the Dark Angels still attached. It has subsequently been fitted with docking bays and weapons batteries. I would imagine that a Space Marine Legion Fortress Monastery would be around the size of New York, although that is conjecture.

and retrieved what....a body, an eldar craftworld, a man named Sam, or Nosferatu. Ending a post with retrieved makes the mind work overtime..

Typo. The body of Rogal Dorn and possibly their dead battle-brothers.

I seem to recall reaading that all they found of Rogal Dorn was his foot? Oh well, me going mad again.

Also, The Vengeful spirit was very big

The Phalanx is the size of a small moon (and therefore deathstar size, as it was mistaken for a small moon).

The rock would be bigger than the vengeful spirit by far, truely very big. Not Phalanx size though, I would bet if it went into broadside combat with a craft world it would be destroyed very quickly.

No, the Fists did find the entire body of Dorn, and set his skeletal hand as a token of what all Fists should aspire to achieve...

On the other hand, have we yet determined how big the VS is. It is now established that it is smaller than both Phalanx and the Rock, but are there other examples we could use to get a closer comparison??

You Fool, logic doesn't exist in size comparision in 40K. Just accept that your legion has the biggest ship and can broadside craftworlds. Your vessal is a 40-gun Man of War, you just win.

and now for monkey wrench mode: The Furious Abyss was bigger than the Vengeful Spirit and it was taken down by an Ultramarine Sgt, a World Eater with Angron's Axe, and a Blood Claw sgt who divebombed a reactor. Why in the name of the four chaos gods cant the Imperium kill the Vengeful Spirit.

I always figured Abaddon ripped the superstructure out of it and rebuilt the Spirit as the Planet Killer.

He can't have done.

Firstly, the Planet Killer is physically impossible. Seriously, it's construction would not have been possible outside the Eye, and it would be unable to operate without collapsing if it wasn't daemon-bound. Second, the intact Vengeful Spirit took part in the Crythe campaign, which was between the Gothic War (where the first Planet Killer was destroyed) and the 13th Black Crusade (where either a replacement Planet Killer, a rebuilt Planet Killer or the same one salvaged took part in several actions, including the destruction of St Josmane's Hope). The fact that the Vengeful Spirit and the Planet Killer existed contemporary to one another makes that statement clearly untrue.

Archived