Allies

Badaboom

Hi people,

sorry if this is a silly question, but I´m an old school player recently back to the hobby, and I really don´t know how it works to include allies in your list; are they inside the official rules or do you use them just for friendly games? How many points/FOC slots can you dedicate to them? Which armies can you use for Vanilla SM?

The only official rules for allies are in codex demonhunters and witchhunters. Regular marines can ally with units from Demonhunters or Witchhunters only.

Refrain from asking for specific rules please. I know it might seem like a fine disctinction (sometimes) with what else goes on in the OR, but we aren't allowed to give away GW rules in the detail you would have liked.

As James said, answers can be found in both the Codex Daemonhunters and Witch Hunters. Best of luck as Allies are great fun :whistling:.

Cheers

I

Namely pg. 21 of the Codex: DaemonHunters and pg. 25 of the Codex: Witch Hunters.

A brief summary is that you have to have a legal force yourself, and you can take a couple of their units to support. There are restrictions, and those are book specific, though similar.

Id suggest borrowing it from a friend if your interested in either of those factions, C:DH was recently pulled IIRC.

Both codices are free to download, if you are interested. Just check the GW homepage.

They released them about 2 years ago in .pdf form in German, and if I remember correctly, some weeks ago in English.

Ah, by the way: are we also not allowed to speak about rules that are free? Meaning no copyright infringements, no money loss on GWs side or whatever?

Both codices are free to download, if you are interested. Just check the GW homepage.

They released them about 2 years ago in .pdf form in German, and if I remember correctly, some weeks ago in English.

Ah, by the way: are we also not allowed to speak about rules that are free? Meaning no copyright infringements, no money loss on GWs side or whatever?

Cost has nothing to do with it.

Just because somewhere a rule might be free doesn't mean GW doesn't still own the copyright. Usually downloads are for personal use only and can't be redistributed –– by any means –– or you infringe GWs IP.

Cheers

I

Though, as long as its from GW, there is nothing wrong with refering the person to their site to download them. The B+C does not support discussions on illegal or even pseudo-legal downloads from other sources however.

Archived