Banners on backpacks

Well, for my DiY force im planning on models with loads of different CC weapons, instead of the standard chain sword. So to show my opponents wich moddel is the sergeant (and so the only one with a special CC weapon) i am giving the sergeants banners (the small one that goes on the backpack). My only problem is im not sure how to do this on untis with jump packs, as a banner on them would be silly ;)

So if anyone has any ideas about how to make a jump pack sergeant with something "bannery" on him, I would love all the help i can get!

lots of chapters (ultramarines, raven guard, etc.) give their sergeants specially colored helmets. it's a quick and easy way to distinguish them. you could also give him one of the helmets with a laurel on it, or something similar.

Personally, if you want to give him a banner, I don't see the problem. In a universe where 8 foot tall supermen fight against green fungus-people, both of whom whose chainsaw swords (or not, in your case), a back banner on a jump pack marine seems perfectly reasonable.

............................................________........................

....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................

.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............

.........................,/...............................................”:,........

.....................,?......................................................\,.....

.................../...........................................................,}....

................./......................................................,:`^`..}....

.............../...................................................,:”........./.....

..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....

............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........

.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........

..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........

...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............

...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............

............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............

............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................

.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........

,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....

.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................

...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................

................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..

.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......

........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............

...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\.............. (At myself)

Ofc i forgot i was painting all my sergeants helmets white.... Thanks for reminding me! If anyone has any ideas at all though, i still think something "bannery" on jump packs would be cool.

Actually the back banner on a jump pack is no sillier than the jump pack itself. :D

I've tried it on an assault marine built with the kneeling legs from the Devastator box and think it will look pretty good once I get around to painting it.

Archived