Saturday's Tyranid Battle

evilturkeyofdoom

I only know 4th ed. Tyranids but rippers are essentially three wound gaunts. Or rather were. They get the same options and can get leaping or wings. Got lolz. Do not underestimate them! Yes shoot the big ones but the little ones WILL KILL YOU! They can move imposibly fast are hard to kill without blast templates AND have really cool forgeworld models! YOU KNOW THEY MUST BE TOUGH!!!!

I only know 4th ed. Tyranids but rippers are essentially three wound gaunts. Or rather were. They get the same options and can get leaping or wings. Got lolz. Do not underestimate them! Yes shoot the big ones but the little ones WILL KILL YOU! They can move imposibly fast are hard to kill without blast templates AND have really cool forgeworld models! YOU KNOW THEY MUST BE TOUGH!!!!

in 5th ed they get WS and BS 2, and will eat themselves on failed instinctive behavior tests, and with ld 5 that will pretty much happen every time they arnt in synaps range.

in 5th ed they get WS and BS 2, and will eat themselves on failed instinctive behavior tests, and with ld 5 that will pretty much happen every time they arnt in synaps range.

And they're not a scoring unit.

Good for tying units up, but 'nids have other units that do that better. Gargoyles, Hormagaunts, or Termagants with FNP come to mind.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I shall remember it

My friend had to cancel last minute so I wandered in to the store looking for a game and ended up playing harlequins.

It was a tie, but I could have won having not been caught out by so much unexpected models, wargear and dudes climbing out of small vehciles.

Something else to always keep in mind when facing nids: Genestealers are more than capable of tearing apart preds and other rhino chassis tanks. So try to keep them in the middle of the table (outside outflank's threat range) or keep them moving so they can't be auto-hit.

Something else to always keep in mind when facing nids: Genestealers are more than capable of tearing apart preds and other rhino chassis tanks. So try to keep them in the middle of the table (outside outflank's threat range) or keep them moving so they can't be auto-hit.

Or trust in the dice gods and avoid one flank... I tend to do this out of habit - have one flank where if outflanking troops pop on they take an extra round to get stuck in and do anything - especially good against Tyranid Warriors that try to do this - slow moving (12" max / round, not fleet and if your expecting genestealers you have already left an 18" gap)

Not that I have ever beaten nids to claim that its a good idea... ^.^

Or trust in the dice gods and avoid one flank... I tend to do this out of habit - have one flank where if outflanking troops pop on they take an extra round to get stuck in and do anything - especially good against Tyranid Warriors that try to do this - slow moving (12" max / round, not fleet and if your expecting genestealers you have already left an 18" gap)

Not that I have ever beaten nids to claim that its a good idea... ^.^

What kind of nids lists are you playing that use outflanking warriors? I can't ever see wanting to do that..

Archived