Help I might be playing something wrong

rottenlad

Ok had this happen the other day in a friendly game. My chaos chose outflanked came in with flamers and toasted a long fang squad. The wolves got toasted. now can the chosen the be able to charge their razor back on p.33 of the big rule book just confused me more. So can they charge or do they just have to sit there. :huh:

No, a unit can only assault something that it shot at in the Shooting Phase. So in your example, your Chosen would have toasted the Long Fangs and then sat there looking pleased with themselves until your next turn.

The only exception to this rule is when you shoot at a transport which has a unit in it. If your shooting destroys the transport, you can then assasult the unit that was embarked in it. An example: I have a Chosen squad with 4 meltaguns, they melta the crap out of a Landspeeder Storm with a unit of embarked Scouts. If the Storm dies, I can then have my Chosen butcher the Scouts in combat.

*EDIT*

Ninja'd by ShinyRhino :huh:

One way to get around this exact situation would be to declare the razorback as the target of the flamers. The flamers must be placed so that they all touch the Razorback, and any Long Fangs under each template just happen to also be hit. You can then assault the Razorback, regardless of what happens to the Long Fangs.

So long as you move the closest model to the Razorback into base contact FIRST, all remaining Chosen can then multi-charge either the razorback, OR the Long Fangs (if any survived).

Actually IIRC, it's not just that they have to be touching the razorback, but templates must be placed to cover as much of the target vehicle as possible, so hitting a vehicle while toasting the guys in front of it can require some careful placement.

Thanks that is how we played it. Also were they came in i could have done the whole target the razorback that would have been the perfect oh well they still ate the fangs so that was three hvy bolters and two plasma cannons that did not fire a shot that game. :D Then his full biker with wolf guard armed with wolf claws and rune priest ran them down. Still totaly worth it! By the way the unit is five chosen all with flamers they have only been in that game but so far they have done well.

Archived