Black Legion novels coming from ADB?

ADB has already expressed interest in writing Black Legion. However he is a busy man and I don't think we are going to see them for quite a while.

EDIT: Abaddon is his favorite background character? Who knew?

Considering how long it has taken him to get through the first heretic (is he even done yet?) and still has the sequel to Soul Hunter in the works, I doubt that we're going to see anything black legion from him till 2012-3 unfortunately

Considering how long it has taken him to get through the first heretic (is he even done yet?) and still has the sequel to Soul Hunter in the works, I doubt that we're going to see anything black legion from him till 2012-3 unfortunately

If the book ever happened, those dates sound about right. I've got a few novels and short stories planned out before I get to discussing potential Black Legion jazz with my editor in a "Let's do this now" capacity.

I'm kinda honoured by everyone's interest in it, though. I think it's a story that absolutely deserves to be written.

Nah, I would read a Black Legion novel way sooner than a WE one. Black Legion is a more important legion to the main storyline of 40k and Abaddon is one of the most recognisable characters in the game if you ask me. Now that it's mentioned I do find it wierd that such a prominent enemy of the imperium recieves so little Black Library attention while every other loyalist chapter seems to be getting a trilogy treatment nowadays. Good to hear that A D-B will be handling this affront personally :lol: .

I really enjoyed the PH depictions of the WE in the HH series.

However i think that a space marine who lives only to kill, maim and burn would be a bit one dimensional for novel material.

"Khârn slaughtered his way through the entire platoon with out once braking stride. Then butchered another platoon just for fun, all the while screaming KILL,MAIM,BURN,KILL,MAIM,BURN,KILL......." :)

Don't get me wrong i love the WE. But it is their single minded nature that i love.

Having said all that a PH novel all to themselves would be Awesome and well deserved. It would be great if A-D-B wrote it :D

You guys just arn't being open minded enough, it wouldn't even have to be from the view of a WE, think of being an Imperial guardsman watching your fellows being killed, maimed, and burned, would be pretty epic, or else go the Conan in power armor and chain-axed route, with a tad more bloodlust, plenty of novel openings for WE's, anyway, Black Legion having book rocks too.

If black library gave ADB the chance to flesh out the squats he'd still do a remarkable job.

Anywho, a book on the Black Legion would be fantastic. Especially after the way they were depicted as the Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus in the HH opening trilogy. It would be great to see how they function now, if there are really any lasting effects of Horus as their primarch, etc etc

I personally would LOVE to hear the story from the time Horus falls, up to the first Black Crusade.

I want more depth to Abbaddon rallying everyone and deciding that the war on the Imperium is far from being over. There seems to be a huge point in history there where Chaos Marines as we know them start to turn the Eye of Terror into a huge stronghold of traitor forces.

That would make for some killer novels...

hmm traitors licking their wounds from the Heresy and turning their prison into a screwed up fortress in the name of vengeance on the Imperium? I like.

Please do that ADB.

Come to think of it, we might as well be compiling a wish list on this forum of things we'd love ADB to write about.

Well if ol' Abe is portrayed as well in these books as he was in Soul Hunter sign me up. The scene where he is talking with Talos is by far my favorite part of the book, and a whole book like that would be absurdly awesome even though as of now the Black Legion are my least liked traitor legion.

Archived