Painting blue marine eyes

So yeah, like the title says. I have tried googling it, but the second i use "blue" with "space marine" i get a load of junk about ultramarines :P

My helmets are black, so if anyone knows / has any ideas about what collors to use on the eyes, any and all help will be appreciated.

So yeah, like the title says. I have tried googling it, but the second i use "blue" with "space marine" i get a load of junk about ultramarines :rolleyes:

My helmets are black, so if anyone knows / has any ideas about what collors to use on the eyes, any and all help will be appreciated.

just use a blue pigment you like and apply, then mix white to the blue for highlights, and use pure white to dot the edges of the lenses. exact same way you paint normal eyes, just using blue.

Well, well, this is the way I paint my Imperial Fists eyes (which are blue :rolleyes:):

1. Black Undercoat

2. Regal Blue, covering about 2/3 - 3/4 of the lens

3. Hawk Turquoise, covering about 1/2 of the lens

4. Ice Blue, covering only about 1/4 of the lens, towards the middle of the helmet

5. Space Wolves Grey, only a tiny dot at the most inward point the lens

6. White reflection dot/lens flare in the darkest part of the lens

This may sound like a really complicated way to paint the lenses, but once you've gotten used to the technique and colors, it's fast and gives sweet results!

Greets,

ozris

Archived