MotF Servo Arm?

The MotF comes with a servoharness. The only way to get rid of it is to trade it for a conversion beamer. If you do that, then the MotF loses the Harness and all benefits he gets from it -- including his servoarms. However, because Blessing of the Omnissiah is a rule for the model and not the servoarm wargear, he can still repair while equipped with a conversion beamer.

Actually the MotF Has both a Servo Arm and a Servo Harness. It's in his wargear on his personal page in the codex. I assume this means that, as the Servo Harness is an upgrade for the Servo Arm (See Techmarine), he loses the Servo Arm while he has the Servo Harness. What that means is that, should he trade the Harness for the Conversion Beamer, he should still have one Servo Arm.

Please correct me someone here if I am wrong, but that's what I read it as.

I asked much the same question last year or so, because I wanted to build a Master of the Forge with a conversion beamer, and was told he would not have the servo arm. Let me do a search to see if I can find the thread … aha, here we go.

Oddly, searching the forum for "master of the forge" told me that too many of my search terms were "not allowed" …

servo arm is part of the servoharness package, if you you lose the harnes, you lose the arms. Also what listed in the personal section makes no diffence (it also lists the conversion beamer, this does not mean that he starts with a conversion beamer standard). Its the army entry that is the final authority on what wargear a model has or can have.

servo arm is part of the servoharness package, if you you lose the harnes, you lose the arms. Also what listed in the personal section makes no diffence (it also lists the conversion beamer, this does not mean that he starts with a conversion beamer standard). Its the army entry that is the final authority on what wargear a model has or can have.

Exactly this. There's no provision for reversion to some base level if you trade away the Harness.

Archived