Quick Question on special CC weapons

Hackbar

I was pondering the Honor Guard rules since I've been planning on kitbashing some custom Honor Guard, mostly because I think the models will look awesome when I'm done. I seem to recall Honor Guard being able to 'take' a Relic Blade rather than 'replace' something with a Relic Blade.

If I'm remembering correctly, this would mean they would have the Relic Blade and still have their BP+PW as well. Can they choose to use the BP+PW instead of the Relic Blade, or does this run afoul of the 'models must use special weapons if they have any' rule?

It would run afoul the having 2+ SCCW rule, wich precludes getting an extra attack.

It would also run afoul the part where a model 'equiped' with a relic blade never gets +1 attack for two weapons.

And IIRC they have to trade in their PWs for the RB anyways... or maybe thats the thunderhammer.

Well, drat. So even though they keep the power sword, there's no reason for them to ever use it? TBH I don't even know if there's any situation where the BP+PW is better than the Relic Blade. I thought it might be a better choice when dealing with hordes of T3 gaunts or guardsmen, but I haven't done the mathhammer to back up that assumption. I'll have to remember those rules when I actually get around to building my GH and trying them out.

It does mean your champ can get a relic blade AND a thunder hammer, but that's just silly talk;)

:P

Bolter, Bolt Pistol, Thunder Hammer, Relic Blade, Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Frag and Krak Grenades, Artificer Armor... I think that's got to be the most heavily armed marine anyone can field, maybe even including special characters! That's going to be a lot of fun to model.

Archived