recovering from a 'AH @*(#'

Okay, so first the 'AH :) ' part of this post. I was cleaning up my work space a bit yesterday, partially seeing what I had and partially just cleaning up so I had more then 4 square inches of space to work with in. I ran across the defiler I built back when I was running a Thousand Sons army. Not wanting it in the way, I put it to the side and continued cleaning up. Now, by 'to the side' I mean I put it in the seat of a chair. About 15 minutes later, I went to sit down, and received a VERY painful and awkward reminder of where I had placed my defiler. Now, short of the long, the Defiler was pretty much trashed. 5 of the 6 legs popped out of their sockets, the Reaper cannon barrels snapped, the Banner pole was piercing my left check, the turret had popped off the body. So I'm thinking 'Aw :D!". So I collected the parts and put them in a bag to deal with later. Well I was reading the CSM codex and started playing the idea of fielding a Defiler with 4 CC weapons. So I pulled out the bits and parts of the deflier and went to work.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/defiler.jpg

Reassembling the thing was the 2nd hardest part of this endeavor. When the front claws had popped out, they had partially separated the body parts. So while the ball joint would connect with one side of the socket, it wouldn't touch the other. I had to get a clamp and compress the individual joints back together in order to glue the legs back on.

Since my army has been taking a bit of a Khorne-ish direction of late, I decided to rededicate this Defiler to the Glory of the blood god. I'll have to wait and see how much of a blasphemy such an act will be.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/defiler-04.jpg

Yes, those are Tzeentch runes the Khorne Icons are covering up.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/defiler-03.jpg

I converted the Reaper Autocannon to a second Close Combat weapon by sawing off the barrels and replacing them with whips from an extra sprue I had. I then went and added chains all over it.

I took three of the curved Spiky plates from the Chaos vehicle sprue and attached to the turret. The side one were the most difficult. See the rounded bases of the sides are a wider arc then the arc of the curved plates. So what I did was I literally pinned the Plates down as I glued them on. If you look closely you can see one of the paper clips at the top of the left shoulder.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/defiler-02.jpg

There's another one at the bottom of the shoulder too. This effectively forced the plate to stretch out to wider arc, and held it there. At this point I'm not really sure what's holding it to the shoulder, the glue or the pin, nor do I actually care.

I would personally make it look like the khorne icons were violently taking over the formerly tzeenchian defiler... like a black creep along the edges that is searing out from the icons and spiky bits to cover the blue...

Looks pretty good considering you sat on the thing.

Well, in it's defense I didn't put my full weight on it. I am surprised that the banner managed to go through my jeans though. Safety tip for everyone: Don't sit on a Defiler that has the banner pole!

Khrone cares not from where the blood flows... B)

Proper good job mate...

even if ones blood is from thy rear of which sits on a throne! (see what i did there...no...oh well)

Nice repairs, however you will not know pain until you have built a REAL ork battle wagon. Put it this way: take a land raider and 2 predators, smash them up so you only have the land raiders side hull parts then try putting back together. In other words: flat pack a land raider and 2 preds and you can make anything orks would.

As for the penalty: hmmm, khorne demands not much, just that it slaughters alot. Tzeentch and khorne are on ok terms, both like causing chaos!

Archived