Attack Characteristic?

DeathByFear

what does the attach characteristic specify? does it multiply the attacks or what? How i see it right now it is only for CC but i almost think it multiplies the shots of shooting weapons. I really just dont understand it. Help would DEFINATELY be appreciated.

what does the attach characteristic specify? does it multiply the attacks or what? How i see it right now it is only for CC but i almost think it multiplies the shots of shooting weapons. I really just dont understand it. Help would DEFINATELY be appreciated.

The attack stat tells you how many base attacks a model has during melee, this can be modified by special rules, charging and certain wargear options. It has no effect at all on shooting weapons, every weapon has it's own profile telling you how many shots it has per turn and how they can be used.

Yep as Arikel has eloquently said Attack charactersistics are base attacks for cc purposes only.

Ranged weapon profiles (and the maximum shots they can fire in any one round of shooting) can be found at the back of your Codex on the Summary page, together with the weapons' corresponding Stength, AP, range and any other special instruction.

Cheers

I

This is explained fairly clearly on page 6 of the rulebook - under the section "Characterisitics". Without intending to sound obnoxious or anything like that, I would suggest checking your rulebook for basic queries like this first. If it is not explained in the rulebook, then ask on the forums.

Thanks everybody...

Iron Father Rik i had read it i was just confused by a few games i played. Ive onyl played like 4 games :/

=) Welcome to 40k (and the B&C). The BRB makes for some not-so-fun but highly recommended reading material for when you've got time to spare. I also recommend making time to spare. <3 I had to read through it a good dozen times before I had a handle on things. And I still come to this forum to see what's what.

Thanks everybody...

Iron Father Rik i had read it i was just confused by a few games i played. Ive onyl played like 4 games :/

Of course I meant no offence DeathByFear. I personally did not find it very confusing as it states that it is the number of dice the model is allowed to roll in melee combat, and does not mention anything about shooting. The number of "attacks" you get with shooting is specified in the individual weapon's stats and no multipliers apply to these.

Best of luck with your 40k gaming career!

Archived