Dragon Warriors

Julgolax

Wow, did you compile that yourself? If not, where did you find that? I only have one thing with it. It seems there is nothing in there from the novel Nocturne.

We keep a document with all cited sources for all the official Chapters. It is up to 323 pages right now. I haven't added the Nocturne info though I have read through and marked the book.

I want to apologize for posting info that wasn't accurate, so this time I went to the source, and to my joy Nick responded:

"The Dragon Warriors are Chaos affiliated and have elements of Khorne and Tzeentch about them"

So take it how you will, but it seems interesting to me to see a war band picking two gods to worship rather than the typical one or all.

I want to apologize for posting info that wasn't accurate, so this time I went to the source, and to my joy Nick responded:

"The Dragon Warriors are Chaos affiliated and have elements of Khorne and Tzeentch about them"

So take it how you will, but it seems interesting to me to see a war band picking two gods to worship rather than the typical one or all.

He has an account here (though he hasn't been on since late 09) http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showuser=46309.

Can't say that I really got a Khorne vibe from them. I think we need this Legion of the Damned book because I have a feeling there is a piece of the puzzle we haven't seen.

LotD book has been out since Feb. and the Dragon Warriors just get a mention in a long list of other Warbands and Renegades taking part in the assault on the world. There really isn't much in the way of "new info" about them in it.

The problem is that wikia is using it as a source for the Khornate fluff thatVaudix showed us. Although for some reason they don't have it listed. I'm reaching this conclusion based on the same world being in both fluffs. So if it really is the work of this book, I honestly don't know what to think about Rob Sanders because the origin fluff for the warband wikia has up there is completely different from the fluff Nick Kyme wrote. But if you have read it and the "new info" is simply them fighting on another planet, then that's okay.

Also, two gods who don't work together that well- Khorne doesnt like magic and Tzeentch is magic...
Right now I am considering them undivided, though with elements of Khorne and Tzeentch, also Khorne and Tzeentch have worked together before, them not liking each other doesn't make them incompatible....Now Khorne and Slannesh, well that's a different story.

Also, two gods who don't work together that well- Khorne doesnt like magic and Tzeentch is magic...
Right now I am considering them undivided, though with elements of Khorne and Tzeentch, also Khorne and Tzeentch have worked together before, them not liking each other doesn't make them incompatible....Now Khorne and Slannesh, well that's a different story.

Yeah, I'm aware, it's just unusual...

Interesting. I never saw them as either Khorne or Tzeentch personally, I always assumed they were pure undivided, much like the Night Lords.

That's the thing, unlike the Night Lords, they are not a chapter, rather a warband made of those mostly with a grudge against the Salamanders.

Interesting. I never saw them as either Khorne or Tzeentch personally, I always assumed they were pure undivided, much like the Night Lords.

That's the thing, unlike the Night Lords, they are not a chapter, rather a warband made of those mostly with a grudge against the Salamanders.

I got that part, I just don't see where the Tzeentch and Khorne come in at. I must have missed something when I read the books.

Khorne I don't see at all. I would almost have ro say that it would come from their aforementioned sighting as part of a Blood Crusade at Certis-Minor. Tzeentch more-or-less would come from the fact that everything Nihilan does is like part of a magic show. Everytime we see him, his ultimate objective is either not discovered at all, or is discovered after the fact. Like when Captain Ko'dai died, his death was a secondary objective. He was after an artifact, a theft that wasn't discovered until the second book IIRC. It was believed that his objective was to destroy Nocturne, not steal the secrets to Necromancy. They never did find out what he wanted with Tsu'gan. Not by the Salamanders at any rate. Combine that with the fact that the daemon patron Nihilan had boosted his already potent psychic potential to startling heights and you got the recipe for a Tzeentchian warband. Or at least one that would have fit in.

I think they are truly Undivided, it's just those are the traits we see in their leader. At least the leader of the warband who persecuted the Salamanders and wants to ressurect his dead captain who showed him the path to Chaos.

Archived